Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Question about the fuel system

Old 12-01-2010, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tibby
Default Question about the fuel system

So when people add higher horsepower to their cars through turbo or nitrous, they upgrade their fuel injectors and furl pumps. Is there ever a time where you need to upgrade the fuel lines too? This is just something I was curious about.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

its a complex question with complex answers..

Dry nitrous systems just spray nitrous into the intake without adding fuel.

Wet nitrous systems use extra fuel when spraying nitrous. (one injector/fogger per car)

Direct shot nitrous systems are like a wet setup and has extra fuel (and nitrous) shot to each cylinder.

on a Dry system though, anything over a small shot and you would want to be adding extra fuel somehow, since dry systems just spray nitrous and no extra fuel.

I dont think people typically UPGRADE their fuel systems with nitrous setups, at least smaller shot setups anyway. If you get a huge shot (100-125-150-200) is when you would need to upgrade parts of the fuel system, because the stock system can't deliver whats needed. but at that point you would be needing to upgrade more anyway. (this is just theoretical)

For turbo systems, Your need to upgrade things like injectors are a necessity from square one. pump is also something that typically gets upgraded, even at low boost. with a bigger pump (255) on the betas is when you would typically upgrade the FPR since the stocker can't regulate it well.

I am assuming you already knew this, but your thread title reference FUEL SYSTEM not just fuel lines.

as far as fuel lines, in a tiburon or most hyundais for that matter, i don't see where any lines would need to be 'upgraded' to bigger lines or anything like that. when you install a new FPR system, you may 'upgrade' to SS braided lines, but thats about it. i don't think some of the higher hp cars like yamaha, viper, jon or tanc upgraded their lines besides maybe for adding an FPR. Mad john however (in korea) did some stupid crazy fuel system in his car.. why.. i will never know..