Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Project Boosted Tiburon

Old 02-17-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 hyandai tiburon
Default Project Boosted Tiburon

Hey everybody. Im new to the forum. I personally drive a 2013 sv6z commodore ute. But im here for advice on my girlfriends car. She has a 2006 tiburon and we have decided to give it a bit of poke. Im a mechanic by trade and have a fair clue what in talking about and am able to do just about everything in my own shed. Im chasing 300ish horsepower at the wheels and was wondering what was the best way to go about it. Currently looking down the path of supercharging it but I have been led to believe that i wouldnt want to run more than 6 psi through it on stock internals. Money isnt really an issue as its a long term project and able to be pulled off the road. Was wondering if anyone here has been here and done it. Obviously open to suggestions. As it sits now it is completely stock standard apart from an aftermarket stereo and a set of painted rims. Thankyou in advance everybody.

P.S: the reason i put this in engines, instead of the forced induction topic is that i would also like advice on everytging else i could do prior to supercharging/ turbocharging the motor.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

4 or 6 cylinder?
Old 02-18-2015, 07:09 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

Strewth a bloody holden driver, hi m8 just kidding - buy her a falcon xr6 .

Seriously though I wouldn't go for a supercharger as there's not much around in Australia, maybe some old ngm kits floating around the U.S but for more hp/$ you be better off going turbo.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:05 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

Like Jon asked, 4 or 6 banger? If its the 4 then getting to 300HP should not be a problem with a smallish turbo setup. V6 is another story..