Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Potential tuning ECU swap for RD cars from REAL

Old 10-16-2004, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally installing clutch

Although we are releasing new G4 Type R module to have 3 selections of preprogrammed flash memories targeting V6 GK first, we understand there is potential market for RD I4 cars too.

http://www.real-engineering.com/shop/custo...ome.php?cat=177

With supply and demand, we like to know how many would have interest to purchase something like this module.

Unlike GK, RD will require to swap from Bosch ECU to Siemens ECU from GK and still keeping MAF. This is not a MAP conversion kit.

This way, there is potential using G4 module like GK we offer.

We need to see your demands in order to develop for RD cars.

Applications : n/a, f/i - turbocharger and supercharger

Reprogramming software and hardware tools are also available to selected dealers.

Territorial exclusive is already given to Florida area and 2 other places..

Here is FAQ for GK V6 manual only.

What is the G4 TYPE R TUNING SYSTEM?
G4 - Portable Program Carrier is a unique hand held tuning system developed by REAL KOREA. The technology allows your cars ECU (Electronic Control Unit) to be reprogrammed with tuning software of your choice without any mechanical modifications. You don’t even have to pop the hood.The G4 unit can store several programs including your car’s original settings and you can select the one you want to use. To upgrade your car only takes minutes.

How is the upgrade performed?
Connect the G4 Tuning System cable to your car’s OBD-II diagnostic connector. Select program with the "Menu" button and press the "Enter" button. After a few minutes your new settings is loaded into the ECU. Start your car and take it for a drive. The same procedure is used to restore your car to factory settings. You can repeat this procedure as often as you like.

Are upgrades available for my car?
First, G4 Tuning System upgrades are available Hyundai 03~05 Tiburon V6, then following 03~05 Tiburon I4, 01~05 Elantra XD including VVT’s.

When will the G4 Tuning System be available?
The G4 going to be release in 2005 through REAL distributors.

Can I use my G4 unit to upgrade more than one car?
No, the G4 unit is "married" to the first car that is upgraded. A key lock system developed by REAL KOREA preventing mutliple user with one unit purchase.

How does the G4 Tuning System know that it is upgrading the correct car?
Safety checks are performed to verify that the car has the expected software before the actual upgrade starts.

What do I do if the current software in my car does not match what G4 Tuning System expects?When the safety check fails the system offers the ability to read your cars current settings. This information can then be transmitted to REAL KOREA by connecting the G4 Tuning System to an Internet connected PC. Our developers will then analyze your cars settings and create a new upgrade. The new customizes upgrade can then be loaded into the G4 Tuning System and installed in your car.

How does G4 communicate with my home computer?
By using standard RS232 9-pin serial port or USB cable available on most computers.

Can I use G4 if my cars ECU already have an upgrade?
Your cars ECU have to be returned to original configuration to be able to use G4 or any current REAL ECU. Modified CPU will not work.

Can I use G4 with any ECU upgrades?
G4 can only be used with the ECU upgrades that REAL KOREA have developed for your car. More detail will be posted soon.

How can I access the latest version of the upgrade for my car?
If REAL KOREA develops an enhanced version of a tuning program for your car we will notify our customers via e-mail and also provide instructions on how to download this new information into the G4 Tuning System using a home computer with Internet connection. Enhanced versions of same "Stage" software will be provided at no charge.

Can I custom tune the upgrade myself?
No, you choose one of the upgrades REAL KOREA have developed for your car. For most car models three different upgrades are available:G4: The car is tuned using the G4 system without modifying or upgrading anything else on your car.

However, calibration data can be alter from our software distribute to our REAL DEALERS REPROGRAMMING TOOL.

How do I order?
From www.real-engineering.com shopping mall, and the G4 Tuning System unit will be delivered with your new program and you are ready to upgrade your car.

What is included?
The G4 is shipped with all the cables needed to upgrade your car as well as cables to connect it to a computer for future upgrades.

How do I get support?
Online tech support from REAL KOREA will provide you, if you need assistance with the use of G4 Tuning System.

E-mails : technical manager

International Sales / Regional Distributors / Dealers
[/url]
Old 10-17-2004, 08:12 AM

Default Re: New Evo X motor???

How interesting to get this announcement now wink1.gif
That seems cool, however. Is the GK ECU harness the same as the RD one? What kind of pricing can we expect for the G4 module, and for an FI chip?
Old 10-17-2004, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Air Ride Tib..finaly got pics

sounds interesting
Old 10-17-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Painting glovebox and airbag panel....

QUOTE (Agarwal)
How interesting to get this announcement now wink1.gif
That seems cool, however. Is the GK ECU harness the same as the RD one? What kind of pricing can we expect for the G4 module, and for an FI chip?

Cause the system is totally different than Korean RD cars.

If RD used Siemens like Korean spec, there is no reason to offer potential development after all this years.

We have make it, but REAL can make adapting harnesses to Siemens ECU.

Pricing is not available at the moment.

This thread is only to see any interest for now.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Air Ride Tib..finaly got pics

Well, it's kinda difficult to gauge interest without even a price range. I could say that I'm interested, but if it's gonna be in the $1000+ range then one has to ask himself if he'd not rather go with a standalone. If the price is half than that, then yes, it IS very attractive.
Old 10-17-2004, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Any one here from Canada that can help me

Sounds Interesting. RD tiburons have the potential. I want to see this happen.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Wheel hub bearings questions

I am going to give a "guarded" interest rating to this one.. without knowing exactly what we are getting into, I can't get too excited. Price, availibility, and ORB2 compatability are my main concerns
Old 10-17-2004, 06:48 PM

Default Re: *PICS* RD2, GK, LC2 and My RD1 (56k)

QUOTE (Agarwal)
Well, it's kinda difficult to gauge interest without even a price range. I could say that I'm interested, but if it's gonna be in the $1000+ range then one has to ask himself if he'd not rather go with a standalone. If the price is half than that, then yes, it IS very attractive.

I just don't want to have responsible posting any price.

My estimate......only estimate.

Siemens ECU $250 (new)
G4 module $300
Each pre-programmed software cost $200 for n/a plus one free stock program.

You can choose 3 selectable programs in one G4 unit. 2 tuned and 1 stock or 3 different tuned ECU. Like 1 lean burn type to save gas for daily commute, 2 regular performance ECU, 3 racing version with 105octane? Just an idea
Old 10-17-2004, 07:40 PM

Default Re: FS : Tibbychicks Garage sale (new stuff) UPDATED 10/17

This ECU stuff is confusing
Old 10-17-2004, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: FS : Tibbychicks Garage sale (new stuff) UPDATED 10/17

so you're saying we get a couple of them jsut to swap out when we want performance or when we want to conserve gas?? Cause that would be kinda cool. As long as it follows what Agarwal was talking about and how it would be a little bit better than a Standalone, whether it be in price or quality.