Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Please Be Joking Alternator, Please Be Joking

Old 07-30-2005, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alrighty kids, heres the latest problem with my magnificent tib. the upper bracket for the alternator (generator) somehow snapped in half and in turn my alternator is now twisted and that bracket needs to be replaced. problem is, when looking at throwing a new one on there, it seems the bolts are blocked by other belt pulleys. please tell me i dont have to pull the entire f'ing engine just to be able to get to those bolts and replace one stupid little bracket. i mean seriously, please tell me theres some other way. i dont have the time, money or patience for shit like this.

quick responses are appriciated. my aim is whitestarj02 if youd rather respond through there
Old 07-30-2005, 04:18 PM

You can get to those bolts without taking out the whole engine, it's a tight fit though. Loosen the power steering and alternator belts, then have at it fing02.gif
Old 07-30-2005, 04:22 PM

man, those big ass through bolts? the belts arent the problem really, its the pulleys/wheels that are block my exidous... unless im just a douche bag and not figuring something simple out? log onto aim man, this forum smells like cabbage
Old 07-30-2005, 05:04 PM

No aim at work 02.gif

The bolts for the pulley you have to take off aren't that big (3 or 4 that hold the pulley to the block).

I assume you have the alternator off already, and the power steering pump. Take off the pulley that drives both, then you should be able to get to the bracket.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:49 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

So, did you ever get it to replaced?