Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Please help, Major Problems Bogging.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem. I didn't have the problem untill I replaced my Intake manifold with an airram intake manifold. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the (TPS) Throttle Position Sensor and the (MAP) Manifold Air Pressure sensor not working together well after the install and I don't know why. I do know that when the CEL light is on for the TPS sensor the car runs better than when it's off. What I did was tighten the throttle cable up so that I'm never really letting off the gas, then when I press it back down again it doesn't hesitate or bogg. Set the idle to 1200 RPM and it should work. But for me it only works when the CEL light is on. If it's off, the sensors pull the RPMS back to stock setting somehow. Thoughts?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:29 PM

how do you set it to 1200 rpm? which way shoudl you move the cable?
Old 04-06-2005, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Don't QUOTE the person right above you.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:43 PM

ok thnxs for that
Old 04-10-2005, 01:38 PM

Yeah sorry about that I've been trying to get help from the intake manifold post but I'm pretty sure that this is some sort of throttle position sensor problem or fuel pressure problem. It's got to be one of the two. I just replaced all my gaskets and sealed them good and the car still does the same thing. I also had my TPS sensor replaced because the CEL light came on later after the manifold went in. Tighten your throttle cable up so that it's always idling a bit. I don't think I'm losing the kind of gas milage you are though. Who knows. The tightening should help a bit. Try to make it idle at like 1050-1100. It will take a while to get it that close. You just have to loosen the right bolt that holds the throttle cable in place. There's two bolts one on the left and one on the right that work against each other to hold the cable, loosen the right bolt so that the fitting slowly moves away from the throttle body then tighten it up. Just keep going through those steps to move the fitting far enough to the right to pull on the throttle pully a bit. My CEL came on today and I'll bet you any amount of money it's for the TPS sensor. Anybody know a way to bypass that sensor all together? If I unplug it will it try to run off just the other sensors or will it not start and screw it up? My other thoery is that the car is isn't getting enough fuel pressure, becuase if I rev high enough before I change gears or take off it doesn't bog. And when I try to drive slow in low gear it has major bog issues. But as long as you drop the gas pedal enough she's fine, which uses a lot of uneccesary gas and makes everyone think you want to race. Maybe it's just not getting enough fuel. That could throw the TPS I think. If we put a Fuel Pressure Regulator in their and/or some bigger injectors that may lick the problem too. What do you think about that?