Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Pictures of the Hyundai Project (56K users beware!)

Old 03-26-2002, 06:55 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of the Hyundai Project (56K users beware!)

I had to eliminate a few of the pictures I took because of poor lighting conditions and poor camera equipment. But hopefully you guys get the idea...

The stock engine being stripped down for easier removal:

The engine and tranny coming out of the car (the really blurry dude is Joel):

Freshly-emptied engine bay, BIG hole in the car!

Taking all the protective plastic looming off the stock wiring harness in the engine bay

The dash starting to come out...

The pictures of the STOCK wiring harness all laid out on the floor were totally crap, so unfortanately I only got these... This pic is the armful of sheeyot we cut OFF the stock harness that's no longer needed:

This is all that's left of the stock wiring harness -- almost ALL of that is windshield wiper control! Then there's the vehichle speed sensor, oil pressure, water temp, brake level and cruise control...

Ok, now to do a second post...
Old 03-26-2002, 06:56 AM
Red

Here's the interior almost fully stripped down -- ALL the dash, both seats, center console. We kept the carpet but you cannot see the back seat missing in this pic:

This is a pic of the BACK side of the dash laying on Joel's garage floor. The Haltech brain is the black box with the white sticker mounted to the two silver rails. Those two silver rails USED to hold the passenger side airbag

Here's the Haltech harness being loosely fitted into the engine bay. We are currently only able to attach primary +12VDC, ground, ignition power and the two fuel pump leads.

And finally, here's a stupid pic I took of my HLA's soaking in automatic transmission fluid. There are only 15, one of them was ruptured and I ordered a brand new one... These are all the "used" ones. Soaking them in ATF was my mechanic's idea, says it works really well:

I have more offline of the new engine block, pistons in the block, crankshaft going in, a few other tidbits. I'll post them up later...
Old 03-26-2002, 07:16 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

This is a pic of the BACK side of the dash laying on Joel's garage floor. The Haltech brain is the black box with the white sticker mounted to the two silver rails. Those two silver rails USED to hold the passenger side airbag
Heh, in the event of an accident, the haltech is jetisoned clear of the car via the airbag LOL.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:51 AM

you know you could probably sell off that airbag to offset some of the cost of the project.....
Old 03-26-2002, 08:16 AM

Hey Red, you got some change under your seat
Old 03-26-2002, 12:19 PM

Isn't it a violation of federal law to tamper with safety equipment?
Old 03-26-2002, 08:25 PM

Red, your door is ajar! eek!
Old 03-27-2002, 12:38 AM

i'm probably missing something but what the hell are you guys doing to that car?
Old 03-27-2002, 01:06 AM

yeah, thank god hyundais don't think our doors are jars wink Anyway, yeah.

Red, please tell us what you are doing to your car. Or do you just want to replace everything with identical replica's? hehehehe.
Old 03-27-2002, 01:57 AM

Red you are truly insane, now hurry up and show us the mad boost.