Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

P0422

Old 08-02-2008, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car was running fine. Finally got the CEL to go away after like 4 years of having it on. Now all the sudden it pops back on. It's P0422, Main catalytic converter, bank 1 efficiency below threshold Catalytic converter, wiring, HO2S 2.

Now, could this simply be just a wiring issue? I know my wiring is kinda hanging low and has scraped on the ground a bit. I tied it up temporarily with plans on fixing it when I put my new header/downpipe on, but I looked under the car and its dangling again. I've got a magnaflow cat on that is only a couple years old, so I doubt its the cat itself.

Plus I also found out I have a cracked rim, hooray.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:40 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

how is your exhaust set up, what kind of cat do you have, and where is it located?

got any sensor codes?

i had that code but that's when they welded it to the rear of the car where it got no heat. i went back and told them to move it up front right after the flex pipe and since they did that i am well off.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:28 PM

No sensor codes, this is the only one. I have the header, downpipe, then magnaflow cat, then piping to muffler. The code popped up suddenly as I was driving. I was driving the car very hard with the A/C on, so I dunno if that had a hand in it.