Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Overdrive And Underdrive Pulleys On Ebay(haha)

Old 12-01-2006, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

obx overdrive pulleys

it says "alternator and power steering" but the one looks like the water pump. i got rid of my power steering so im not sure what the pulley looked like but im totally thinkin of getting hte two overdrive pulleys and the crank underdrive pulley from obx... even tho obx sucks ahah please i want feedback anything helps thanks!

and correct me if im wrong: using an underdrive crank with an overdrive water pump and alternator will get the best hp gain and be best for your engine becuase even tho its underdriving hte crank it makes up for the water pump and alternator by them having overdrive pulleys (plus lighter pulleys all together) or jsut tell me im stupid... one or the other
Old 12-01-2006, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

it says overdrive, but really isnt. the pulleys are stock size. anyway, i dont think they are the correct ones for rd1s. do a search for "pulley weights" and you will get tons of info on these.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:29 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

even tho obx sucks ahah please

They dont make the best hoses for us, but they got the pulleys right fing02.gif

just not for u, cus u got an rd1 nana.gif
Old 12-01-2006, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah i was quite impressed with the quality of the pulleys. if they had them listed for the correct years you'd have no reason to think it was an obx product.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:49 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I agree, honestly i have a hunch that obx outsorced the job to a real pulley making company and just stamped their name on it. lol.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

ok... so generally speaking if you order a rd2 pulley set, chances are your going to get a rd2 pulley set... but if you have an rd1, you might get a rd2 set?

(obx pulleys)

keep hearing opposite sides of the story on these pulleys 02.gif
Old 12-02-2006, 03:50 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Coupe

I got these pulleys for my RD1 in the UK from the same seller, they are the right ones for our cars but they are not overdrive pulleys! one is for the waterpump and the other for the power steering. They are lighter then stock but exactly the same size. I didn't feel any benifit from these at all except the visual for the power steering because the water pump one is hidden! A good waste of money!
Old 12-02-2006, 09:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I found that the crank pulley was the best one out of the bunch. Its definatley worth the money. As far as the powersteering and water pump, well, I'd do the powersteering pulley, but the waterpump pulley is just a pain in the ass, you cant REALLY see it, and I didn't notice any gains from it. It was the last pulley to go in as well, so I got to feel the gains from the crank and powersteering pulley combination, then all three.

The crank and powersteering pulleys made a difference and where easy to install. Worth the investment and time.

The waterpump pulley IMO made no difference in performance and was a b**** to put on.

Id say just do your powersteering and crank pulleys.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:55 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Bah, waterpump pulley was easy to do, once I figured out how to do it easily.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:50 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Well I am glad to see that those pulleys fit RD1. laugh.gif Mine are still not in, waiting for a new 2.0 liter to sit in mine engine bay. So all of the gaines I will probably see will be from a bigger engine, and all of the pulleys put in at once. But I'm still happy for taking all of them at once. Bought it from the same seller and all I can say is that he is a exccellent seller.