Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Opinions...

Old 08-01-2001, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions...

Okay guys...lets not start a huge flamewar with this one...but I just want some honest thought and opinions on this... actually... I'm not even sure if this would work on a tibby...but I'm just throwing it out there...
http://www.levelten.com/store/import/items..._shiftronic.htm

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: JGraham9382 ]
Old 08-01-2001, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Rick at posted at Fxtreme that in korea, some company was working on a autoshifter/shiftronic think like that.

That price isn't half bad. Less that I would have thought. Just keep in mind, you would still want the "standard" level 10 service...so you are looking at around $1500 total just for the parts. Then add in costs of Tranny removal..shipping, then re-mounting your tranny, then you have to figure out how to install that Shiftronice device yourself.

I'm thinking that for the close to $2000 grand total price tag....you could just swap in the 5 speed tranny.
Old 08-01-2001, 01:47 AM

id have to agree with random. if you want a 5-speed why didnt you get one? *stands on hit toes ready to dodge any honda parts ppl are going to throw*
Old 08-01-2001, 04:04 AM

if you want a 5-speed why didnt you get one?

Hehhe...damnit...I asked the same question at Fxtreme and added "and let's not start on the...well if you wanted an 5 speed then why didn't you just get one to begin with?". Guess I forgot to add it over here...heheh...

The thing that I was thinking about was that okay...I'm "stuck" (and I use that word loosely...I know I can always do a swap) with an autotragic right? Well if I added the shiftronic....granted it wouldn't be quite as powerfull as a manual (or maybe not even close to it), but 1) I would never have to worry about replacing the clutch, flywheel, etc... 2) It would almost definately eliminate any kind of driver error out on the track, and 3) Well, I can't remember what three was....but I did have another valid point...hehe... You know, everyone says you can do anything with money... One more thing: how much of a difference are we talking about between a manual and a shiftronic? I've heard people that rank a shiftronic tranny right up there with a manual? Or is that way off base? Thanks guys...
Old 08-01-2001, 04:36 AM

i think its cool and much cheaper than i thought. prolly void the warranty tho rolleyes.gif
Old 08-01-2001, 07:35 AM

Bah...I'll just kick the dealership's ass until they give me a new tranny. Actually though...if I did get the Level 10 upgrade...my tranny better NOT go out...I'll have Level 10's asses then.
Old 08-01-2001, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

The shiftronic's shifing might be even better than your average driver, however....the Slushbox still only has 4 gears to work with vs the Manual's 5.

This will give the manual the edge in most situations, in fuel economey and top speed.

I have heard about a lot of autocross guys like slushboxes because they can just concentrate on accelerating, turning and braking...and not have to worry about shifting. I have yet to ride in an auto tranny that was that good...but I've never ridden in a car with a LevelTen tranny either!
Old 08-01-2001, 10:43 AM

I've been emailing Level 10 these past two weeks, and the PTS Shiftronic is still in the development stage. Not available yet, and they don't know if they're going to have a specific Tib app or not. Email them requesting a Tiburon application...generate enough interest to make it worth their while!
Old 08-01-2001, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Iago:
Email them requesting a Tiburon application...generate enough interest to make it worth their while!

Or come up with a Paying customer who wants it. Then I guarantee they will develop it.
Old 08-01-2001, 11:09 AM

JGraham9382 buy it and let me know how you like it then maybe I'll pony up the cash.