Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Ooooh, Madd Boost is just a little bit closer...

Old 08-23-2001, 10:21 AM
Red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ooooh, Madd Boost is just a little bit closer...

Loookie what I got today smile.gif

Oooh, pretty black box

Oooh, smaller pretty black boxes tongue.gif

Weenie POS versus MANLY STEEL (Weenie POS is shown minus an end cap, it's a paperweight at the office hehe)

The spec sheet that came with them smile.gif

Questions or comments welcome

-Red-
Old 08-23-2001, 01:18 PM

I'm not gay or anything, but that's QUITE a manly rod you have there, Red. Can I touch it?

How much did those set you back? How much weight will those add over "crappy POS?"
Old 08-23-2001, 01:51 PM

Man its about time! I remember hoping that Team SR could have the official release of the mad boost by our May meet! Do you think it will be done by October?
Old 08-23-2001, 10:15 PM

It's like watching Woody Allan standing next to John Goodman. One is definitely sturdier.

Good job Red. What's the timetable now?

a
Old 08-23-2001, 11:40 PM

Damn..those be TUFF right theres. How much scrilla those set you back?
Old 08-24-2001, 12:34 AM
Red

Yeah, I remember wanting to have it done by May sad.gif Dohhhhh.... Most of the setbacks are money (I'm paying for everything in cash, I decided completely against any credit) and also waiting for the work at Endyn. I'm not sure about October either, right now I'm just doing what I can for the immediate term smile.gif But having parts start showing up is definately nice!

You can just barely see it on the spec sheet, but these weigh 579 grams each. Supposedly, they're only going to be a tiny bit heavier than the stock rod. However, I'm going to try and weigh them if I get hold of a hydraulic press to remove one of the stock rods from the piston.

The rod is supposedly rated for 600+HP at 8000 RPM's.

The total cost including shipping to my door was $667.87 US Dollars. You pay half when you order, and half on delivery. Mine took 44 total days to be built (about 6 weeks) rather than the 8-12 weeks they usually quote you.

Crower already has the CNC programming to build these rods, so all you need to do is call them up and order a set. But because they don't keep any on the shelves, they're still treated as a custom order...

-Red-