Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Oil leakage question

Old 04-13-2004, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad and I looked at the pavement where I usually park, and there are a few lil drops here and there, not larger than a nickel, but it is very minimal and i been parkin there for 2 months now.

however, i regularly check my oil, and it never goes down the gage, I never have to refill it between my oil changes. Oil bolt is screwed on tight, filter really tight...

Like i said it is really minimal, i never have to top it off, and i would like to know if this is normal for a 75k KM engine. am i the only one? should i bring my car to dealership and get fixed (im still under warranty until 100k KM/5 yrs i think)... i got a 2000

thanks...
5ly
Old 04-13-2004, 02:52 PM

Default KDM License Plate **UPDATE** 15% Discount!

well you do have alot of miles on the car. and i mean if it is less then a nickel on the ground that means it was less then a dime when it dropped. check the pan see if you got any leaks.. but other then that try not ot get all paranoid about it. cars sometimes do leak, just check the hoses and what not and you will be fine.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:02 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'd also take a good gander at your oilpan gasket and your drainplug.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:33 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

true to gasket/plug. also...the filter doesn't have to be "really tight". if it's too tight, then the gasket on the filter could become useless and it could cause a leak. happened at my job. blah
Old 04-14-2004, 02:31 PM

awesome i checked everything and oil doesnt seem to leak from anywhere ??? i have a girlfriedn who workds at Automousse and specialize in cleaning engine and shit, ill prolly have her do that this weekend and see... thanks for tips laugh.gif
Old 04-16-2004, 01:07 PM

another thing you can do is get a can of brake cleaner the real nasty stuff and just spray around different cause it will remove oil pretty good but dont get that stuff near your eyes etc.. i got a feeling its the oil pan gasket i dobut its a rear main seal cause you would having problems with the clutch and oil on it and then it could be a front crank seal near the pullys but if thats bad enough will spin oil onto the drive belts and squeel. check that oil pan gasket and make sure all the bolts are tight not just too tight.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:15 PM

also, make sure the oilfilter is on tight. My car has 92,000miles on it.. no leaks at all!