Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Not A Ordinary "car Won't Strat" Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I just had starting problems (extremely hard to start, moreso in cold weather... when it actually did turn over it took five or more seconds of cranking for it to run).

Problem was the wires (leads as you call them) I bought several thousand miles ago went bad.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:36 PM

my coupe doesn't have that problem, it either starts straight away or keep cracking but wouldn't start.

I'll see if I could find a step by step change leads manual from here, keen to learn just hasn't got any friends to show me once.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:41 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

its easier than changing your oil mang, do it one at a time, PRD's are numbered, easy fing02.gif
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 PM

can I ask what is prds??
Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

PRD's are the best wires you can get from www.prdonline.com

mention you're from rdtiburon to try to get a discount. what's your mileage? you'll have to get new wires anyways. you cah check your wires for wear from the coilpack.

make sure if you change your spark plugs use a spark boot tool and a spark plug socket. then when putting them back make sure to lube them up with antisieze. the new wires will come with proper spark boot lubrication. always use NGK spark plugs, you just can't beat them.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:58 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Consider these wires. I've got them & they're alright. If you need new spark plugs, look through the seller's store as they also sell the wires with iridium plugs for a very good price (compared to what they sell for in Australia). That same seller also sells NGK wires.

I have a spare second-hand coil pack if you need it. PM me if you do.

I also have a spare cam angle/position sensor ( lmao.gif ) if ever you needed one of those.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Hmm interesting, does she turn over and not fire? or just not turn over at all?
Old 01-10-2007, 04:19 PM

guys...thanks 4 the info....my car have 160k already.... will found it out and hopefully I can DIY.

the car just not turn over at all.......anyway get my car back yesterday....the mechanic couldn't replicate the problem and all I can do is just wait for it to come back, at the same time I do research on plug leads coil pack DIY.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Does accessory power come on? When you turn your key to crank her, do the dash lights come on? i.e. CEL, oil, w/e else is on there =P

Try checking all your fuses again, you might have missed it the first time, and did you check the 2nd fuse box that is in the car?. Any kind of aftermarket wiring you did? Alarm installed?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:46 PM

QUOTE (KAW21100 @ Jan 10 2007, 08:36 PM)
Does accessory power come on? When you turn your key to crank her, do the dash lights come on? i.e. CEL, oil, w/e else is on there =P

Try checking all your fuses again, you might have missed it the first time, and did you check the 2nd fuse box that is in the car?. Any kind of aftermarket wiring you did? Alarm installed?

all the light come on as expected. will check fuse again to make sure. I didn''t, but propably previous owner did. I think the alarm system has been disable and my car don't have central locking. Can you gus tell me what brand is the original alarm and what security (e.g. immobilizer, alarm) system is included in this model(Aus model 96 SX 1.8L).

Also my car wouldn't starts last night (crank only) but starts (straight away) this morning, strange! I definitely need to try the leads and plugs. Can you guys tell me what tools and its size I needed to do this job?