Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

newbie cai question

Old 03-11-2003, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie cai question

alright, i've been around for a good long time, but mostly in the aesthetics forums. so don't flame me for asking, my searches came up empty.

i see there's a buncha CAIs on ebay for roughly $45-$65... are these crap? it seems to me metal tubing is pretty hard to mess up. it runs from the TB to the front driver fog light/vent... i just need to watch for a place to put the O2 sensor, right?

take it easy on me, i'm sure this is a dumb, over-asked question.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:29 PM
arn

you don't need to do anything wiht the o2 sensors when install a new CAI. when you install a CAI, you're talking a bout air temp sensor. CAI usually have a fitting for the sensor. when you do a search, look for Cold Air Intake. or go to Hyundaiperformance.com. Theyhave a good article on intakes.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you could, post up the links to the auctions you are considering. I have seen several on ebay. Some are good designs, some are horrible designs.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:49 AM

i'll give hp.com a check... (they're a little more brutal in response to Q's like this though, so i came here, you guys are nice tongue.gif ).

as for auctions:
auction 1
auction 2
auction 3

i'm not looking for the the absolute best in performance like AEM or Injen, just one that actually makes it down to the correct spot to get cold air and gives my car a little extra umph. plus it would look a heck of a lot nicer than that huge stock air box.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

#1 and #3 appear to be the same intake. They don't have a great design. To many bends.

#3 looks ALMOST the same, but it looks a tad straigher/fewer bends.

Of the three, I would reccomend the third if I was forced to.

Preferably, I would suggest you build your own following the directions for the Random Special.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:39 AM

thanks, i appreciate the input. now i have to decide between the random special that that one. ebay looks prettier, but the random one appears to be bigger around and have less bends... speed vs. style, why does it always come down to this?
Old 03-13-2003, 02:59 AM

dude, go for speed. unless you're showing your car, who cares what the engine bay looks like? if i had it to do over again, i'd go with the random special wink but i'm happy with my aos, too.