Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

New System Upgrade 60mm Bbtb Issue

Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it installed and the throttle cable is on a major angle. Does anyone else have this issue with the System Upgrade BBTB's? Can I see some pictures of your guys cable set-ups. I am worried about the cable rubbing through eventually. I realize this will not happen anytime soon but still llok at that angle. something is a bit off...
I though about making a new bracket but the cables would have to be as close together as possible and that would cause you not be able to get a wrench in between them to tighten them. You'd have to install the cruise cable, then hook up the throttle cable as the open end of the wrench would bind itself to the cruise cable. That would be a slow process with very tiny turns of a wrench.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:01 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

The issue is not with your bbtb, but with your airram. It is a common known issue when you install a bbtb on an airram.
do some searching, theres lots of airram install threads and stuff. you can either make your own bracket by just bending a brace to 45 degrees and drilling 2 holes, or you can attach the stock bracket to the bracket that came with your airram.

but if you don't care about your cruise, then you can just install your throttle cable through the bracket that came with the airram.

btw, i made my own bracket, and it is fine. you use an open ended 12mm wrench to adjust them. it is somewhat of a tedious process, but once you get the nuts loose, you can do it by hand, so it doesn't really take that long.

you spend like 2 minutes doing 1/2 or 1/4 turns of the wrench, then they're loose ur already, and you use your fingers. its not hard, and doesn't take long. IMO, this is the best approach to solving your problem. i have seen the people that tried to make it work by modifying their stock bracket and angling the airram bracket and it looks like ass.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 2000

from the pic it doesnt look like he is running the airram. looks to be stock manifold. Maybe im just seeing things.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:08 AM

That is not the Air Ram, it is not installed yet. That is the factory intake manifold.

I do care about cruise, which Is why I paid extra to have the adaptor put on my BBTB in the first place.

When I installed this BBTB I had to switch the cables around. From Hyundai the cruise cable was closest to the firewall.

The springs in these BBTB's are pretty tough, which makes for a stiff throttle pedal. I'll report back if eases up over time.

QUOTE (zoned019 @ Mar 18 2007, 01:01 PM)
you spend like 2 minutes doing 1/2 or 1/4 turns of the wrench, then they're loose ur already, and you use your fingers. its not hard, and doesn't take long. IMO, this is the best approach to solving your problem.

I figured this will probably be my best option.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:40 AM

you guys can see the pic? doesn't show up for me.

wait..so your problem is that you are trying to reverse the order of the cables?
why don't you instead reverse the order of the pulleys on the bbtb. take the nut off, put the pulley in the right order, then you're fine.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:39 PM

It is one way only, the pulleys are not reversible (able to swap positions). That would just make things way too easy. I had to reverse the order of the cables or they would have crossed going onto the BBTB.

Try looking at the picture again, you'll understand.

I am having extreme problems with 81x.com my picture hosting site not being very reliable these past two weeks...
Old 03-18-2007, 12:47 PM

you guys can see the pic? doesn't show up for me.

so you have a dual pulley like on the rside? or 2 individual ones? im assuming u have 2 pulleys...dude, i did the exact same thing when i had a system bbtb, i took the two pulleys off, put the new one (sfr calls it "acceleration pulley") on closest to the bbtb, and the old pulley on closer to the firewall, i meant switch the order around, not reverse them. maybe for those of u who can see the pic im sounding retarded because were talking about totally different things...ill just stop now. LOL.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:49 PM

I understand what you are saying, however with the design of the pullys you can't change the order. They are seperate pulleys but the outer 'power pulley' is dished so much the other pulley (for the cruise) will not go inside of it. I sure do not know how you did it on yours.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:54 PM

those are the actual "system upgrade" pulleys that should have come with your bbtb.

aren't those the ones you have??
Old 03-18-2007, 07:30 PM

Yes. That is the outer pulley for the accelerator. The cruise pulley looks nothing like those. I think they just modify a factory TB pulley and install it on there. That is why it is only a $20.00 upgrade when you buy a BBTB from them instead of the $50.00 they charge for a System Upgrade 'power pulley'

Here is the pulley set-up that was on my BBTB.