Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

New Clutch Install Problems

Old 04-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put in my clutch pressure plate and throw out bearing and installed my tranny and got everything together. Now I cant push my clutch pedal on to the floor. I can only push teh clutch pedal half way then it wont go any further. We put the TOB on the fork like we were supposed to do. I have a ACT 6 puc clutch and a Fidanza flywheel. Now what could be wrong?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

if you didn't already, try bleeding the clutch. also make sure that the TOB has snapped in completely (a few light hits with a hammer on the lever does the trick for me)
Old 04-11-2008, 08:55 AM

Yes we did bleed it. It did nothing. So I'm guessing the TOB bearing didnt go in right. Im going to try hammering it. Ill let you know if I get it working.

Ok I got the whole thing apart again. Now I cant figure out hpow to get the darn TOB off. I ehard you have to expaind the lock pin in there. I've been trying that and I cant get the stupid thing off. Any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:17 AM

yeah they are a real pain to get out once they are snapped in. when you expand the snap ring, push it inwards(towards the flywheel) then get a big flat head screwdriver and twisting the screwdriver will help pry it up. keep pressure on it or it will snap back in. slowly work your way around using the screwdriver to pry it out and another to keep pressure at the snap ring. it took me at least an hour maybe more to do it.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:21 PM

not sure there's anything new, but is this any help?

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/m...ut-bearing.html
Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Does the clutch disengage? Does you car start?

As far as the TOB, get some snap ring pilers (you may need to bend them accordingly), expand the ring, pop it out w/screwdriver if needed, got mine out with my hand.
Took me 10 mins, I think I would have gotten fed up after an hour.

And I mean EXPAND that ring
Old 04-11-2008, 09:54 PM

^^^ i think i might invest in some snap ring pliers, if i could get it out in 10 min i'd be as giddy as a schoolgirl
Old 04-11-2008, 10:00 PM

Ok I got it earlier today. It was a pain but would of helped if I would of known to squeeze it together not spread that pin apart. Anyways the TOB fell off my fork when I was putting in the tranny the first time and I didn't know until I had it all back together so I had to drop my tranny a second time what a real pita. The TOB was a pain to figure out. But it came all together good and I love my new clutch. I've learned a lot from doing this. Thanks everyone for your help. If anyone needs help with a clutch isntall its fresh in my memory,
Old 04-13-2008, 10:59 AM

How's the new clutch been? How stiff is the clutch pedal?
Do you notice a big difference in power delivery with the new flywheel and clutch??
Old 04-13-2008, 02:24 PM

O yea that mother trucker grabs like a BITC*. I love it and noticed better torque. I didn't step on it to hard because its new. The clutch is a little bit harder to push down then stock but really isn't that bad. But yea I recommend this to anyone. If you are doing this yourself make sure you get that throwout bearing on right. I love my car more now laugh.gif