Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Need Some Tranny/clutch Help

Old 11-19-2005, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys, I had to pull my tranny to replace the TO bearing in there, and after a big hassle with everything, I finally got it back in, and everything's hooked back up, but now my clutch pedal won't depress, like the clutch is binding or something. When I bleed the clutch release cylinder, the pedal depresses, so I think I've got it narrowed down. My question is, what do you think I missed when I put the tranny back on? Do you think that I'm going to have to pull the tranny again? What do you guys think this is? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:41 PM

sound like a problem i had in the toyota i had the first itme i fixed it. thry the bleed again this time tighten the bleeder bolt with the cluth fully depressed. note to only depress the peddle once. repetative depressing of the peddle may cause the cylinder to come out of it's houseing. that was the first mistake i made. it took a while for my dad to get it back in place. if that doesn't work or isn't the problem, did you have an alignment kit for reinstalling the tranny? I haven't had to redo the tranny for the tib yet but i did need to borrow a tool to make sure everything in the tranny lined up correctly.

hope this helps
Old 11-20-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

did you hook up the bearing into the pressure plate snap ring by moving the cluthc lever toward the clutch before hooking up the slave cylinder
it usually need a bit of effort and will make a clear "click" noise when engaged
Old 11-21-2005, 04:50 AM

It sounds to me like you didnt get the throw out bearing set right what you might try is to see where the release arm is on the tranny if it seems pretty extended i would say there is your answer. for a possible quick fix just take the slave cyl off and pull the release arm tward the slave cyl area this will force the throw out bearing into the pressure plate to where it may snap in like denist replied. If not you will have to remove the tranny to get at it and you can also rebleed the slave cyl at the same time you do this.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:59 PM

nah, i guess i missed that part....i've been bleeding the release cylinder like crazy, but it hasn't worked. do you suggest putting a bit of muscle into it, cuz i really don't want to break anything. if not, then i guess i'll have to pull the tranny and mess with it. thanks for the help.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:48 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

i've seen a few time rebuilt or used clutches with a worn snap ring.. quick example Agarwal's car wit hthe F! grip clutch, snap ring has been "squared" off with time and made it impossible to engage the release bearing in it... (one more reason to use brand name products)
even with a pry bar to force the bearing in place nothing clipped in

but in your case i'd say it's something you forgot to do,try clipping it in then get back to us

quick note,with the lever disconnected from the slave cylinder if it's clipped in correctly the lever shouldn't move a lot (maybee 1/8" max)