Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Need A Part.. But Dont Know What To Call It.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, i took off my oil pan today, among other things, but i stripped the threads a while back, in that cap on the transmission side of the block.. it looks like it bolts around the crank, and it should come right off. i was going to heliacoil it, but i would rather get the piece if i could..

would anyone know what this piece would be called, if i was gonna order it from hyundai, or have someone look for it from a junkyard.. those who have been under there cars removing trans or oil pan should know what i am talking about..

HELP

looks like hma calls it the rear oil seal cap... i wont have to put in a new seal if i take off this cap, will i?

shit with all the work im doin, i misewell lower out the pistons, and crank, and throw new shit in there.. lmao.gif that was a joke btw..
Old 11-03-2006, 04:16 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

Rear crank seal houseing... do you need one let me know i am going to the parts house today

get a pic if you could homie
Old 11-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned

yah, i really need it soon tho. lol and itll take like 2 weeks to get here from there.. ill call my hyundai dealership..

thats best i can do.. looks like it has about 6-8 bolts, and then has the two taps in it for the (2) oil pan bolts.. problem is i stripped one of em, and i was gonna heliacoil it, but just replacing the part would be better..

also, do you know if i would have to re seat the seal? or get a new seal, or just replace the housing?