Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Need advise from u grease monkies

Old 09-11-2002, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advise from u grease monkies

me and my bro are going to a pick and pull junkyard 2day. going for him and his civic mostly, but i have a 2.0L beta outta a 99 elantra sittin at home. i was hoping to get an ecu and wire harness. i plan on puttin the engine in a lc accent. not ever having pulled a car to pieces, not too sure what im looking for or what ill need to do the job. any tips and pointers or web sites or threads u can point me too would be sweet. and would if i get a choice should i be lookin for an elantra or tiburon ecu/harness, or is there a diffrence?? thanks crew.

o and is there anything else i will need to do the swap that i should be on the look out for.... and it needs to fit in the back of a 98 hatch. so nothin HUGE!!
Old 09-11-2002, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Let's see..

Motor mounts.
If you plan on using the Beta ECU, get the IAT and MAF for the beta, along with the Inertial Sensor (mounted on drivers side strut tower).

If you plan on using the beta tranny in your accent, get the crossbrace mounts, crossbrace and drivers side tranny mount.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:02 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Gloves and a complete tool kit, and knowing where all the ancillaries are are crucial to pulling stuff out in minimum time. Our record for prepping a car for scrap is 20 minutes with removal of the engine(2 mechanics, proper workshop, ramps and tools)Also, have a pair of cutters with you so you can sever any hoses that will be changed(for the sake of reliability use new hoses on an engine swap, might not be ideal for you but it's somthing worked into the cost for us anyway)NEVER cut the wires, disconnect them properly and tie them off somewhere clear of the engine with tie-wraps. You will want the harness as well.

Good luck man!
Old 09-12-2002, 05:12 AM

application DENIED!!!!! went to 3 pick n polls in the sacramento area and NOT A DAMN THING!!! very few hyundais and the newest one i seen was a 93 elantra i think... everything else was like a 89-91 excel. oh well, i got nothin but time. but thanks for the info guys...

oh and by the way mechanix, does Initial D come in english???
Old 09-12-2002, 11:51 AM

Inital D is only avaliabe in japanese & chinese with english subtitles.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:27 PM

Why the **** would ya want English?

Its all about Raw!! smile.gif Or subtitle or if ya a newbie to the scene.

sorry, old school otaku smile.gif
Old 09-14-2002, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

There's a junkyard near me that has 4-5 Hyundais in it. They won't let you pull it yourself, but they've got plenty o parts. E-mail me if you want their number. They do ship.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:58 PM

i want english cause i dont espeaky the japanese no, subtitles are what i meant. and sir random, you've got mail!!

you've got mail!!
you've got mail!!
you've got mail!!
YaY!!!
you've got mail!!
Yay!!!!

sorry, couldn't resist the crank yankers op.