Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

My AOS Intake Pics

Old 08-18-2002, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My AOS Intake Pics

Thought I would post these if anyone is interested in slightly better pics than what is on the speedstate website.

The above pic shows where the filter sits below the battery tray~about 6 inches below tray.

Yes,lol, I know my engine compartment is dirty.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:52 PM

Vehicle: 98 Tiburon

little tip for you and the others with the AOS CAI....
im not sure about elantras but i know that tiburons have some type of plastic covering of somesort under the engine bay of the car. it just so happens that it sits right under the CAI. no actual COLD air gets to the filter.
BUT, the plate is screwed on, so you can obviously take it off, thus sending cold air from under the car into your air intake.
for those of you who have CAI's that sit right there, try taking out that plastic plate.... wink
Old 08-20-2002, 12:55 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

GreenShark98:
little tip for you and the others with the AOS CAI....
im not sure about elantras but i know that tiburons have some type of plastic covering of somesort under the engine bay of the car. it just so happens that it sits right under the CAI. no actual COLD air gets to the filter.
BUT, the plate is screwed on, so you can obviously take it off, thus sending cold air from under the car into your air intake.
for those of you who have CAI's that sit right there, try taking out that plastic plate.... wink
Thats a good idea but what about the dirt and especially the water that might come in?????
Have you experienced this mod??Did you see any gains by doing this???Wont this hurt my beta motor??