Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Mr Random...

Old 02-25-2002, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr Random...

HI Random sorry bugging you all the time with questions.
I want to buy the new SR cai when it comes out.I am positively definately that it will be the best.You told me in your other post that it will fit my European beta motor with some minor mods.
So iŽll go for it.What about that canistor thats situated in my left front wheel fenderwheel?
Will i be able to fit the new sr cai??

PS:I donŽt want custommade!!I only want the new SR CAI.Can this be done,so i can enjoy pure sound and power??
Thank in advance Kostas
Old 02-26-2002, 01:53 AM

I know question is for Random, I just want to help anyway. Your european spec Beta uses MAP instead of MAF, so, your admission hose is a single piece from the Throttle Body to the air box. So should be the CAI. In MAF equipped cars, they have to use two pieces in order to keep the MAF (like a piece of hose, but it's a plastic one with an arrow). The only thing you would need to do is join the pieces of the CAI for USA spec Beta. As for the canister, I think you have trouble there, You would have to use something like AOS "CAI". (or please correct me if I'm wrong). I hope that helped.

Hey Mr. Random, I haven't have the time to get a digital camera to take pics of my engine, since I'm in the same case, I will as soon as I can. Any chance of an Euro-CAI? It shouldn't be that difficult.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:41 AM

Hi Zman so you re right about the differences.So what can we do?From what i hear aos cai is not so much a true cai.So our only hope is Sharkracing to manufacture a cai for us poor guys with the canistor in the fenderwheel.
Awaiting feedback.
PS oes aos cai make really racing sound??
Old 02-26-2002, 05:31 AM

Other members can give you more info about AOS, but what I've read is it's not bad at all. It's supossed to make a great sound, and, IF you couldn't find any fenderwell CAI, you could use flex pipe to direct air from the front to the AOS located filter.
Again, if somebody knows what's that canister for, it would be interesting to know, I never heard about it until last week, here in the forum.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:18 PM
arn

this is what an AOS cai look like . click on my signature.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:54 PM

Thanks guys i see ypour point..
I want the sr cai so iŽll wait.Maybe sr produces cai for us also with this fu....g canistor in the fenderwheel.. sad.gif
Old 02-27-2002, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you have the caniser in your fenderwell, you have 2 choices.

#1. The AOS Style of CAI.
#2. Relocate that canister.

I've seen 2 different canister sizes. On my dad's 1.8L, the canister is rather small, and wouldn't be THAT hard to relocate. On Allaxis's 2.0L, the canister was MUCH bigger, and would be a major PITA to relocated.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:44 AM

Just as an FYI:

I think the "technical" name for the canister is a "Vapor Canister" (remember reading it somewhere but not exactly sure). I would imagine it has something to do with the AC unit for condensation.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

-skitzo
Old 02-27-2002, 04:05 AM

Random thanks my canistor is rather small..so i will relocate it for sure...Thats great news thanks..I am beginning the relocation today and looking forward for my new SR cai....
Old 02-27-2002, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Skitzo:
Just as an FYI:

I think the "technical" name for the canister is a "Vapor Canister" (remember reading it somewhere but not exactly sure). I would imagine it has something to do with the AC unit for condensation.

It is actually the Fuel Evaporation Canister. The gas vapor that builds up in your fuel tank is sucked into that canister and trapped in charcol. Then when the engine is runnning, it flushes fresh air through there, and sucks the gas vapor through the engine to be burned.