Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

More Headaches!!

Old 08-17-2002, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Headaches!!

I got my car today as i installed my new Turbo housing which Alpine has sent me.They bored out the Wastgate about 2-5mm and im STILL GETTING BOOST CREEP
Its still creeping up to 10psi But ONLY AFTER 5000rpms.It stays consistant at 5-6psi until 5000rpms then climbs to 10psi. GRRRRRRRRRR
I dont know if i should get a larger downpipe made to 3 inches BUT wont rectify the problem as it will craete more HP.
Random Cheuk or RED any suggestions????
Old 08-17-2002, 06:45 AM

out of all the stuff uve had to try to keep the boost low u could have just built ur motor to deal with it!...

if the wastegate is bigger have u tired a boost controller?

a 3inch downpipe wouldnt do much more than make the turbo spool faster right? i mean it wouldnt make the boost less... what about clipping the turbine impellers 2 make em less efficent?
Old 08-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I gotta tell you dude, I have no idea what your problem is here.

You've replaced the wastegate, you've bored the wastgate opening....I'm begining to wonder how accurate your boost gauge is! *lol*
Old 08-17-2002, 11:58 AM

Actually there might be one last solution that i just remembered and that is to machine and smooth out the downpipe where the little box was welded.Its when i bored out the Flange so that that wastegate flapper can freely open?
I remember someone posting an article on the forum about the machining of the downpipe when it was also confronting the same problems im having with Bosst Creep.
This will be my FINAL option and hope it works!!