Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

more exhaust questions for the pro's...

Old 05-14-2001, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more exhaust questions for the pro's...

sup guys. im always asking questions. i kinda talked to tibracer about this. i want a cat-back and a cai for my 2k tib. i want it to be loud and give me some power. loud at all times. yeah baby. it would be helpful if these questions can be answered.
1. where can i get these?
2. how much do they cost(to buy and install)?
3. what kind of muffler should i get?
4. what size piping?
5. if i gut the cat, would i fail emissions?
6. is it easy to gut the cat? if yes how do i do it?
7. does a cat-back for a 99 tib work with a 2k?

i think thats it for now, but i'll probably have more questions later. oh yeah, i kno most of this stuff is gonna be the same answers from a lot of the others but its just so much easier lookin at it at one place. and i have no idea about cars so can u be a little specific? thanks. if u want u can email me at meestuhxxchaeshi@aol.com
Old 05-14-2001, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Alot of these questions are answered in other threads. Please go back a few days and read up/catch up.

If you gut a cat you will fail emissions. SCC did a write up on a midly modfied 2.0 L Nissan Sentra. The removed the cat and got only 2 hp. Now if you leave the cat in and gut, it...do you think you will gain 2 HP? Probably not. Translation. It's not worth it.

The style of the exhaust tips changed, but the exhaust is basically the same from 1997 thru 2001.
Old 05-14-2001, 10:29 PM

Well here is what I can help you with. I gutted the cat and it was not that hard all i did was buy a pipe and pounded it threw the cat it took about and hour because it is just filled with s$%t buttaking it off and putting it back on was a snap but my tib only had 2000 miles on it when i did it so there was time for rust yet. As for you failing emissions I would give that a big YES but unless you live in a state that tests emissions or part of one anyway you don't have to worry about that just put the empty cat back in place and it will look like it is still there. I have a pacesetter cat back on the car and I love it good sound good performance it doesn't sound like a weedwacker on roids, one down fall is the tip it rusts quik but I guess all do well that is as much as I can tell ya good luck.
Old 05-15-2001, 01:36 PM

hey jaws man thanx. but random ur pretty messed up dude. mad fowl.
Old 05-15-2001, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by TiBmAnX:
...but random ur pretty messed up dude. mad fowl.

I'm trying to figure out if that is a good thing or a bad thing. If its bad...what did I do?