Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Mod List

Old 04-25-2002, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod List

Alright, this is my mod list that I'll be achieving for my graduation. However I'd like some input on whether or not a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Automatic 2.0L will be able to run these without any added compartments other then whats on the list, however if there is, please list them.

Current Mods:
Full Exhaust Work (3" Cat, Direct Muff, 5" Tip)
2002 Dragon Air CAI

Purchasing Mods:
Ballistic Turbo Kit -Stage2 (includes):
MOTEC M4 Clubman ECU
Clutch
Pistons
Rings
Bearings
Piping
Cooler (LARGE)
Blow-Off Valve
Downpipe
Exhaust Manifold
Turbo T3/T4 Hybrid

Barney Throttle Body (Bored to 60mm)
Intake Manifold (Polishing and Boring to 60mm)

ZEX Nos Kit
ZEX Nos Upgrade (all components)

Alright appreciate all the help you guys can give me, by the way I'm having all of this work done by a Machine shop so that it's done as best as I can get it done.

[ April 25, 2002, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: 9o7TiB7o9 ]
Old 04-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Okay, you left out. (since you have turbo and nos listed there)

Tranny upgrade. Since you have an auto tranny, you will have to have LEVEL10 have a look at it and beef it up where necessary. The clutch included with the ballastics kit will not help your autotranny. Either that, or you will have to do an autotragic to 5-speed conversion.

Fuel pump upgrade. If you plan on going turbo AND Nitrous, or even just the turbo, a fuel pump upgrade will be needed.

larger injectors unless you plan on running the nitrous setup with it's on fuel delivery (wet).

If you were going to bother to bore out the TB, I would bore it out as big as you can go. It should be capable of going to 65mm or maybe even larger. The intake manifold should be bored to matched. The intake manifold should also be gasket matched, and if you wanna go all out, have it extrude hone'd.

You also might want to consider having some combustion chamber work and valve work done. The stock combustion chambers could use a bit of reshaping and polishing to fix them up, and the stock ports and valves and valve ports can also be improved.

You also might want to consider having the stock axles replaced. Onpol snapped one of his with only 227 Wheel HP, but that feat has never been repeated, in the USA or Korea, but it's something to think about.

Other than that...your wallet should be about $10,000 to $15,000 lighter...and you should have one screaming car.

[ April 26, 2002, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 04-25-2002, 10:47 PM

Alright now that was some great advice! Thanks a lot Random! Now uh, hehe any idea as to where I can find those replacement parts? And can you explain more to me about what I must do to my tranny? Thanks a lot mahn!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Replacement parts which ones were you interested in specifically?

For the auto tranny, contact level 10. (www.levelten.com). They would know far better than I what in your auto tranny is capable of supporting say 300 to 350 Wheel hp.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:51 AM

Alright, emailed him, thanks again. Well the replacements I think will be Fuel Injector, Fuel Pump, and Axles unless you think there should be more? I want my car to run this as smooth as possible with least risk expected.