Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

MegaSquirt base tune

Old 05-18-2014, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT
Default MegaSquirt base tune

Does anyone has a base tune for a stock RD. I managed to start the car but it runs like poo. Rpm bounces up and down and when i turn of the aic it idles at 3.5k or higher. It also wont start on the first try. It takes a couple of tries to get it to start up.

It's a KFX performance plug and play. Also, my car is 100% stock, NO engine mods at all. The reason of me going MS is that i want to get the car running good before i go E85 then boost it.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:26 PM

update: I got the car running decently. still need to iron out the idle hunt and timing. still have 87 oct on the tank so i put the oem ecu back in, once i refuel with 93 i will put the MS back in the car and work the timing some more.

i will leave this here. im pretty sure this will come handy to someone.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:35 PM

41.5MPG A/C on most of the time and always late for work. Lol

Old 06-26-2014, 07:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Nice!

Keep us posted. Haven't heard of these ECU's yet on an RD, or turbo RD. I thought about getting it, but heard there was a super long wait and no support.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:09 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

Just build your own it's fast and less expensive...also if you ever need to do an upgrade or repair you know exactly how the board was assembled.

I originally purchased one of these from KFX and the craftsmanship was terrible. Their site advertised a 6 week waiting period which actually doubled in the end, I assembled my MS3 in 5hrs over the span of a week.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Yes, I've researched it a decade ago and everyone who built one says its great. But, even though it goes together fast and works well, it takes weeks or even months to decipher and research before you can begin. It's not for the average tuner. Not to mention, it's not part of the vehicle modification that people are interested in learning. It's like being forced to learn the intimate mating rituals of a trout before you're allowed to catch and eat it.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

There are step by step instructions with photos and a HUGE support forum, the platform is used globally for a reason...because we're all cheap isn't the only reason lol...all any person needs is a basic knowledge of soldering, sure it isn't plug and play but you expect that when adding this type of modification, even then adding a male factory ECU connector to make it that way is also very easy.

I will leave my IGN settings for MS3 here in the event someone needs them.