Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

MBRP Speedstate exhaust fix

Old 04-15-2002, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBRP Speedstate exhaust fix

Ok, i've been having a problem of vibrations and rattling after I installed my mbrp speedstate catback exhaust. After finding out that I was not the only one, i put together this little fix on how to keep it quiet with stock hangers and stock rubberthingies. I used about 6" of fuel line about 1/2"-2/3" in diameter. but anthing that will fit over a hanger will do <cough>hosepipe</cough> hehehe. anyway.
I also toyed with the idea of cutting a very small section out of the exhaust so that it would pull back on the muffler and pull it away from the hanger, but if you look at the curve around just beind it you'd see that it would touch other things...anyway.

Hope this helps someone!
Old 04-15-2002, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for posting that. I am having my speedstate exhaust along with high flow cat installed on Thursday. About time!!! How come nothing can be just bolt on? Always gotta have some complicated problem. Well thanks Decker.