Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Manual Transmission Fluid Change? Need Help

Old 01-05-2008, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

that bolt is a 24mm i just took mine off 20 mins ago
Old 01-06-2008, 12:12 AM

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm glad I found a forum that people know what there talking about. I will try to change the tranny fluid myself once I get the fluid. Wish me luck and thanks again.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

So your not in for sticker shock when you go to the store if your getting royal purple, its 8 to 10 bucks a quart. I got mine at pep boys so i didnt have to wait for shipping and pay extra for hazmat.( What good is a 2 dollar can of spraypaint from summit if it cost 10 bucks to ship it). Well worth it I think.

MajikTib:
If there is a place you would like me to start PM please let me know. I know i did a lot of searching to find this out myself and there are quite a few threads out there. Ill dig around and see what i can find. I give a new user till about 10 posts if they have multiple questions because by that time they would have time to look around and see alot of people worship the search button.People helped me when i was new, then i had a conversation with DTN and he showed me how to use the search correctly.

for our new guest,
DTN=DrivingTibNaked (hes a member, loves to work on LED's)

one last thing,
Make sure you are on FLAT and LEVEL ground when filling the transmission back up. Fill up with 2 quarts and fill slowly with the 3rd as not to waste any from overflow but you don't want to under fill either.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

bullfrog - simply use the Report feature that's in every post. Report the first post of the thread and put in the comments what other threads you would like it merged with (example, report 3 different threads with your Report Comment "Merge for Transmission Fluid" or whatever's relevant. That way all moderators will be able to see the reports and work on them as we have time.

You can also use the Report feature to report anything that's against the rules or needs to be moved to another forum.