Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Maf Low Voltage And O2

Old 11-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i got my car scanned it said low maf voltage and o2 sensor front bank low voltage.well i replaced the front o2 sensor with a new one,still same.any ideas why this is happenning, my check engine light wont go out and stay out,any help would be very nice need to get inspected.thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

did you reset the computer after you changed the o2?
Old 11-20-2005, 03:46 PM

yes hundreds of times,i searched here and found some stuff on it and tried what random suggested still same my o2 sensor voltage was going to like 12 volts when it suppose to be 5volts.i think i figured that out cause the heat sensor was hooked up to the block where the little allen screw was and not to the coolent pipe,so i switched that and hoplfully that was what was causing the voltage to be so high,but i still have it saying low voltage o2 and maf.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:18 PM

your problem lies in the maf when it isnt working correctly it will throw the o2 sensor out of wack it is possible you have a short of some kind also but i would look into your maf first.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:56 PM

did you ever remove the screen on your MAF? I did that, and for the longest time i had a CEL much like yours. a replacement of the MAF fixed the problem. If you removed the screen on your MAF you can be assured it needs replaced, its a well documented problem round these parts.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:03 PM

what do you mean what screen maby mine fell out and i didnt know about cause i never seen a screen only the honeycombs.plus how much is a new maf cost.thanks for the input guys.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:18 PM

the honeycomb is what im talkin about; if you popped it out and ran your car on it, it is probably the source of your MAF cel. www.car-part.com should be able to get you one used for 20 shipped (search for air flow meter)
Old 11-21-2005, 01:11 PM

ok any other ideas i changed the maf still got the check engine light.i still have a good voltage running through the o2 and maf.im pissed i got a ticketb for no inspection.