Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

From MAF IM&TB to MAP

Old 07-02-2002, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From MAF IM&TB to MAP

Ok,...
in order to use the MAP based intake manifold and TB you must rewire your idle speed control actuator. The map is a bit different and has a different wiring harness. You SHOULD get the 2k1 wiring harness so you have a straight plug in and avoid water (incase you have a scoop like myself).
This is the wiring diagram for the 2k1 elantra IM SCA

1st gen

Well ill be damned,... they are the same
This post is useless,...lol
Resistance specifications are identical between MAF and MAP
Between Terminal 1&2 10.5 - 14 O
between terminal 2&3 10-12.5 ohm [at 68*F]
Since im going out of town i wont be able to check to see if the wiring harness will actually FIT into the MAP intake manifold,... if it does,.. a swap should be rather easy.

As far as swapping the MAP engine into a MAF car,... we are still unsure of that since the oil pan seems to be much larger. Although everything bolts up, we are not sure if the engine will have enough room to safely bolt up. More details regarding the engine swap will follow at a later date.
Old 07-02-2002, 03:59 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Hey what motor are you putting in???
Why do you want map???Mt tib is map based,i can help you if you need anything...
Old 07-02-2002, 05:00 AM

im putting in the new BETA II engine in my car

it comes in the 01-02 elantras and 03 tiburons. I dont want to use the MAP sensor, just the manifold. The manifold is MUCH bigger and would make a boost application much happier.
The problem we are looking at is that the oil pan in the BETA is much bigger then the BETA I,... this might cause it not to fit. Once i switch the pistons in the BETA II,... there is no turning back. Im going to have to MAKE that sucka fit.
Nobody that i know of has switched a BETA II into a BETA I engine bay (which are different).

I guess im going to have to sneak under some strangers 01 elantra GT and see how far down this POS drops down. frown
Old 07-02-2002, 06:09 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Bigger oilpan bigger IM so this means that the beta II will respond better to turbo applications and also N/A mods...Is that correct???
Furthermore whys the oil pan bigger????We are talking for 2.0ltrs motors arent we???I mean beta 1 and 2 are the same displacement???Why do they have different oilpans and IMs????
Old 07-02-2002, 06:16 AM

yea true

but this version has a bigger oil pan,... and the oil pans are not interchangable
Old 07-02-2002, 08:04 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

Once i switch the pistons in the BETA II,... there is no turning back
why are you changing pistons? you already got a set of forged on hand or are the beta 2 pistons different?

for the oil pan don't forget to chack down pipe/headers clearance too

Denis