Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

low cost effective exhaughst

Old 08-05-2002, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low cost effective exhaughst

i wnat a low cost but effective exuaghst system on my tibby im going to the exuaghst shop tomorrow to get her done and curious about peoples customs they have done how they sound and how effecetive they are
Old 08-05-2002, 10:44 PM

The cheapest way to go is to find a shop that does mandrel bending and have them do a custom setup for you. You'll have to find a muffler you like which will be the most expensive part but plays the biggest part as far as sound. It also depends on what you plan on doing as far as mods. If you plan on getting headers, most likely you'll be getting a custom setup anyways since you will need a new catalytic converter.

What do you plan on as far as mods? Are you going N/A or F/I?
Old 08-05-2002, 11:19 PM

umm right now i got the custom cai

as far as ohter mods go...im not sure about the headers right now...they seem more like a waste of money right now

im planning on gettin a 55 shot of nitrous(company undecided) im also gunna get a bbtb and bim here soon
Old 08-06-2002, 12:21 AM

Then it seems like you'll be going N/A. So you should prolly go with 2.25" or 2.5" custom piping.

I've got the MBRP catback and I like the sound of it. I'm pretty sure you can just buy the axle-back section which has the muffler...it has a nice deep sound. If you do a search, you can prolly find some audio files...I know somebody posted them. I still have to get my headers put on before i record anything for posting.
Hope that helps ya out!