Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Looking For Help On Clutches, Just Replaced Mine

Old 07-06-2006, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 Accent

Ok i replaced my clutch and flywheel, put on a fidanza, stage 4 clutch and pressure plate, now when i put the pressure plate on, i have to tighen the bolts in a start patteren to pull the pressure plate to the flywheel, not sure if that was right, i know most pressure plates i've replaced on other cars came presprung. I'm 99% positive i put the clutch disc in the correct way , theres always that 1% doubt when somthing goes wrong and i dont remember that excate detail...anyways that was the first thing that made me leary, then i put the throwout bearing on the tranny and aligned it with the fork....put the tranny in, tightened up the bolts , installed new motor mounts, put the crossframe, starter was in fine everything was tightened and connected, then i bled the clutch a few times compressed it and then hooked it on the fork lever like your suppose to....now when i step on the clutch pedel, the hydrolic clutch plunger only moves about halfway out, not enough to disengauge the pressure plate, if i pry on the fork lever you can hear the pressure plate disengauge and the clutch plunger comes all the way out....BUT when i stop prying against the for lever it forces the clutch pluger back half way and pushes excess fluid back into the clutch resiviour.....can someone shed some light? ever run into this problem? PLEASE HELP ME!!! now i've replaced the clutch before on this car but i dont remember having all these problems, that was a stock pressure plate not a heavy duty one, the pressure plate shouldnt really matter because hydrolic pressure is still hydrolic pressure, only the pedel should get stiffer, also the pedel travel isnt as long as it was before....sorry for my vaugeness or bad discriptions.....
Old 07-09-2006, 01:26 AM

ANYONE???? "strange things go BUMP in the night"
Old 07-09-2006, 02:18 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

clutch is in backwards...

the same thing happened to me and i couldnt figure out what the fvck was going on. i took off the tranny about 8 times, no joke. Finally i turned the clutch disk around and it was fine.

I had the same symptoms, had to use the bolts to bring the pp and the flywheel together, after i turned it around the pp slid right on; had the throwout bearing on the release arm and the clutch wouldnt disengage enough, disengaged fine after i flipped the clutch; the pedal would stop half way as the release arm wasnt getting pushed back all the way.

try flipping that clutch disk mang wink1.gif

belled out side toward drivers wheel
Old 07-10-2006, 01:43 PM

just pulled the trans out and took of the PP, the clutch was installed right with the clutch disc springs facing the transmission.....also i pulled off the trans and i noticed some metal filings on the throwout bearing but not sure where there from dont see any metal worn anywhere.....but what i did notice is that the PP side when the clutch disc contacts has been worn but the flywheel wasnt even touched....gonna play it with it some more tomorrow any help would be great !!!!