Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

little confused, before its little too late

Old 04-15-2002, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little confused, before its little too late

Ok, quick question I really need a quick answer to... I plan on taking out my intake resonator this weekend, and just wanted to know if taking off the resonator is a preporation for CAI, or does the resonator have to be on in order to attach CAI? I know its a stupid question, but just making sure I'm not taking the resonator off to just turn around and have to put it back on when the CAI comes out for the 2k3 Tib. Thanks for the help smile.gif
Old 04-15-2002, 02:16 PM

The resonator part of the intake does not need to be on, when you get the CAI. From what I see on hmaservice, All the resonator does is restricts the air flow, Slows it down. Removing it will not hurt anything.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:26 PM

Dthomas is right, the resonator is NOT an essential part for a cai, so you can take it off, and it'll even give you a couple extra HP or so.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:00 PM

I did this to my car. Make sure you leave your air duct on until you get your CAI. Just seal off the bottom hole where the air duct connects to the resonator. HP gains are controversial. You'll notice better throttle response (does that mean more hp ) and you'll get more of the "good" engine noise.

Definately go for the CAI though. WELL worth it.