Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Kspec Gb Racing Header Installed :-)

Old 05-16-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

I got my KSpec racing header installed a while back, but being on the other side of the pond I've mostly been posting on the forums over there. Redzman asked me to post on here about the headers, so here it is.

The headers (racing, not GT) have definitely made a difference, but that's only measured by the seat of my pants, I really need to get my Coupé on a rolling road and see what I'm putting out. The engine note is much improved, response is better, acceleration is better, it's all good, as the phrase goes...

Pics are linked below:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

(Hmmm, I need to smarten that engine bay up a bit)

My Coupé site.

So, what's next...? Who knows - still got my short shifter to fit, some 17"s to buy, engine bay goodies, replacement air filter, finish re-trimming my interior speakers, fix my bloody footwell neons, bonnet vent / scoop (not sure which one to pick), new cf Supra-style spoiler, etc. Now, where'd I put that money...?

Kind regards,

Mike K.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

Wow they look nice. Is that the atual color of the headers, kinda purplish? looks cool.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:44 PM

Looks great man. The color is pretty sweet. Wouldnt match my scheme but they look hot! Wouldnt care about the match or not! Hows the performance post header compared to pre header?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:24 PM

those look nice!

what's up with that extra weld on pipe 3 though? that's kinda' weird....

other than that... dope sauce right there!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:26 PM

Its not a weld is a branding mark. They look nice. The purple is kinda cool looking.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:30 PM

I don't know if he had his headers ceramic coated, I didn't (I kind of regret that decission, but I didn't have the money and it would have added at least $200 to the check considering shipping back to me from JetHot).
Well, the thing is, my headers are now purple, but like stained, they look pretty racing though laugh.gif but that color is not at all intended, stainless steel turns like that when severly heated.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:35 PM

What kind of gasket did you use with those? It looks like a very generic gasket by all of the overhang......
Old 05-16-2005, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Dayum those look nice.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:25 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Looks nice!
I like that purple color.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:45 AM

Hey all, thanks for the kind words - I'm dead chuffed with them laugh.gif

Regarding the colour: yep, they are kinda purple-y, but as Zman stated, they were lovely shiny stainless steel when I got them, and turned purple pretty much after my frst blast with them wink1.gif Would like to have sprung for ceramic coating as well, but was really pushing the (credit card) limit already, and I had a rare moment of self-control.

The mark on pipe is a brand as ultra-tibby said, and to answer his question, yup, it's a generic gasket, knocked up by the folks who fitted it. If anyone has a suggestion / source for an "official" gasket, that'd be good.

Oh, as for the performance? Definitely much, much better, but no dyno to back up my gut feeling - yet.

Kind regards,

Mike K.