Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

KIA vs HYUNDAI No war here

Old 05-04-2002, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KIA vs HYUNDAI No war here

Ok this what I would like to know. Kia Hyundai both are owned by Hyundai motor group but do they use the same engines. Displacements yes but how about engines exact engines. Yes I could look around or visit a kia dealer. friend of mine has a rio and I have an accent. He is waiting for his to come in and it has a flashy engine cover. So this is just a question. Also for you kia guys and gals. How are the trannys any better than hyundai trannys.
Old 05-04-2002, 06:04 AM

i have a 2002 kia spectra automatic..i just bought it and havnt had too much trouble with it...its take off is a lil slow in my opinion but when it gets going the acceleration seems to keep up when you put your foot on the gas driving down the freeway..its just the first gear thats a lil slow
Old 05-13-2002, 02:26 PM

In 2002 Kia went to the Hyundai Engine Platform, Previous year models were based on Mazda Platforms. Hyundai bought Kia out last year- thus the change was inevitable...