Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Just finniished my new CAI

Old 03-17-2002, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default Just finniished my new CAI

Well .. With a whole lotta help from Jaws01 and the guys down at Focus Hyundai ... My CAI is finnally in... and wow does it make a difference.

Originally my Filter was just strapped on the end of the MAF (sounded good) ... hot air tho.

See pic for the new route.
Neo_Tib CAI Installed
Old 03-17-2002, 02:49 PM

Looks good & sound good and now "Neo_Tib" Tiburon really moves, I drove it for myself and also installed it smile.gif .

Was real easy to do just had to enlargen the hole at the right side of the battery and reangle the battery try. I think this is a just as good set up as KORE or SR CAI. The filter does not sit as low as the KORE, SR, MHP or AOS, so therefore a AEM bypass valve would not be necessary.

Did some Intake temperature reading with my infrared therometer and the coldest part of the CAI was 10 degrees celsius/50 degrees farhenheit

I plan on doing this custom CAI as so as I get my car back form the bodyshop and when Neo_Tib gives me the left over peices of the exhaust piping wink
Old 03-18-2002, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

That is the same style of CAI that "XtreemPC" used. I'm not 100% sure what he made his out of, but If I Remember right, it was an intake for some flavor/year of civic.

On the Advantages side.
That filter location is much "safer" in regards to water and road debris. Another is that you don't have to cut the engine heatshield. Overall, this style of intake should have a shorter overall tubing length, lowering the point in the RPM band where gains are seen. on a dyno

On the Disadvantage side.
The only draw back to that design is what you have to do to the battery.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:21 AM

Neo_Tib:
Well .. With a whole lotta help from Jaws01 and the guys down at Focus Hyundai ... My CAI is finnally in... and wow does it make a difference.

Originally my Filter was just strapped on the end of the MAF (sounded good) ... hot air tho.

See pic for the new route.
Neo_Tib CAI Installed
I can't see the picture, what does it look like, I wanna see.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:23 AM

Good ol Geo****ties!
paste this link to a new browser window:
http://www.geocities.com/neo_n69/IMG_1202.JPG

smile.gif
Old 03-18-2002, 06:52 AM

Yeah watching all the sparks fly from all the drilling and grinding and cutting under the hood was tough to stomach but the end result was well worth it, as I notice a huge gain over the filter sitting on the end of the MAF.

I would imagine this setup would be better for performance (granted only marginally) due to the lack of bend that the air has to travel through before the throttle body. The pipe is mandrel bent too so that keeps it open.

I love new toys cept' I can't stop talking about them ;þ
Old 03-18-2002, 07:06 AM

Here is the Pics of the CAI
Old 03-18-2002, 07:20 AM

if you could supply those pipes , i would buy them in a heartbeat.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:12 PM

so let me get this right ,you cut a hole into the body of your car to fit the air filter into?so know were does your filter set at?
Old 03-18-2002, 09:34 PM

so let me get this right ,you cut a hole into the body of your car to fit the air filter into?so know were does your filter set at?
there is a hole ocated to the side of the battery that leads down into the bumper in front of the driver side wheel. The same place that the KORE, MHP, SR filter is going to go just routes there very differently.