Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Itb's, I Want These Sooo Bad

Old 04-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys, im sorry if this is a repost, but IM IN LOVE with these ITBs. I don't plan on going turbo b/c my car will have over 100k on it b4 i can afford to do it, and i don't really want an AirRam IM b/c i wanna stick out at car shows. So i found this ITB setup after the inspirational Korean website Redz had posted.

I want to know your opinions on this, as far as quality, performance gains, clearance issues(strut bar, hood, etc.), and what needs to be done to operate such a thing. Because i plan on working my ass of to buy this.

so i know i would need these:

ITB manifold
New fuel injectors (not sure what size)
New fuel management system (Emanage, SAFCII), please help on this, im not sure what would be best
Some sort of filter for the thing

other questions:

is it worth it IYO?
What is the best way to get cool air to this sucker?
and what would the TPS addition do for me?

this is the link, sorry. (click Hyundai at the top)
http://www.haywardperformance.com/intake.htm

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

as far as individual throttle body set-up's go, you're almost on your own on this one. I don't know of anyone on the site that's done it to tell you about it.

But things to think about (you'll spend the same amount in the long run on a clean-complete turbo installation). It's not just a 'buy the thing from this website for 1900 and bolt it on and go fast' sorta deal.

It probably won't fit (it'll hit the firewall). I have no idea what the ECU will do.. (prob. shit a brick).

this would be a good thing to go megasquirt with and say 'phuck off ECU'. LOL, but then again that's expensive and a loooong learning process for someone who's never done it.

but to answer some of your smaller questions, I've seen people put filters directly on the openings. You gotta admit though, do this and your probably giving up streeatble aspects about your car you might miss in the future. This is basically commiting your car to a race life (or trailor queen from show to show ...sounds more like what you want).

I've also seen set-up's where the TB go straight up and there is a hole in the hood, therfore ...cold air.

who knows, turn your engine around for hell's sake and get ram air directly into your ITB, doesn't get more "ram" than that.. haha.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

dont do it. if anything maybe try to do a custom dual throttle body setup with air coming from each side. patreezys right, a turbo setup will cost about as much and i think would get you just as much attention at shows.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:19 PM

i see what you guys are saying. but why would this give up streetablility? Also, this would definetly stand out in the Hyundai crowd ONLY. im not planning on impressing honduuhs who have been doing this since sliced bread.

I knew this wouldn't be an "oh hey, lets slap this on and go" type of a deal. I know alot of tuning would be needed and stuff. Also thanks for your opinions guys.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 PM

if you're dedicated and have the wallet to back it up, I say go for it. I wanna see it and what kind of numbers you can get out of a beta I with it.

Just for shits and giggles, are there dimensions on the ITb set-up this website sells (not the horn dimension of 90mm but the whole thing?) I just wanna see if it's be even plausible to think it'd fit in the engine bay unmodified...

and e-mail or call the people who make this. Find out what research they've put into it, and what applications they've seen it on. I'm not so sure I'd go throwing 1900 at them without first findong out what I'm buying, quality and performance-wise.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:49 PM

^^^ +1 dog. im not gunna go waist 2 months of work on a some shit that wont work properly. but iv always loved ITB's. I love them on the K swaps in the honda Fits, s2ks, and old corollas. and no one has done it yet, id love to be a pioneer, problem is it my only means of transportation so i cant have it down for more than a week or so.

and oh yes, they show in the second pic that the overal length is just over 9 inches. they use a tape measure.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:02 PM

K, that answers my question. I don't think there's 9 inches back there. I dunno it's been a while since I've seen a bay with no intake mani on. Even if it did, the horns would be pressed against the firewall (not good for air supply).

But you're right, I admire your love for the ITB and NA powah! haha. They do have a wonderful sound...
Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 PM

ck an email has been sent, i have asked many questions. i asked for pics etc. etc. ill post a reply as soon as i get one.

anyways thanks Patreezy fo helping me out. what are you running under your hood?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 PM

a broken timing belt..
Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 PM

lol.... i bet that went well