Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Interim motor build

Old 04-04-2016, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win
Default Interim motor build

I've posted stuff about the Beta2, but as it's on hold for a few very expensive (and sometimes custom) parts I'm building an interim motor that will eventually go into the wagon I intend procure.

12932826_10153290574002723_2701763560082627911_n.jpg

This is going to be a pretty strait forward build. Nothing groundbreaking in any way, and on a bit of a budget. The motor was procured over the weekend for $75!!! It seems to be mechanically in okay shape but all of the sensors are shot to the point of being cooked and he says it knocked (bearings?) The good news is that the block is not cracked best I can tell at this point. It's done quite a few miles though so a ground up rebuild is in the works. I'll snag a set of forged pistons and use the stock rods. Stock head porting should be fine so some stiffer springs, fresh OEM hardware and the extra 1.8L cam I've been hoarding is more than enough for this. The block will be professionally hot tanked honed and decked. I have the 2UZ going in for the same plus 3mm overbore so the machinist will cut me a deal on 2 motors. The T04E is being rebuilt locally with a larger compressor wheel for more All mated to the built 5-speed so I can break that in before feeding it the big boy.

Power goal: 250-300 whp

Personal goal: Learn to control the Tib under boost so I don't thrash it with big power.

I am still working on the plenum from the other post, but my skills with the carbon are not quite where I need them yet. I may test the various stages of development on this motor during the build, but I am not expecting to go balls deep on that until the big turbo motor is ready. More on that coming soon.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Good. Keep us posted!
Old 04-30-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

A little video update in glorious 4k shaky Note3 camera action

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89UTr_GGM7o[/media]

As of last night the pistons and rods are out and both the UZ and the beta are off to the machinist as soon as I find an owner for that 4AGe

Update 1.5:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRsA2vFiFZM[/media]