Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Intake problem??

Old 06-15-2001, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake problem??

Does anyone have any idea about this? Someone sent me an e-mail, asking me this, and I have no idea... Random?

I installed a Weapon-R Dragon intake and my problem is the same as before I even installed it, I only have 1/4 to 1/2 throttle before she "pukes" on herself. My question is A)- not enough air? or cool.gif- fuel system problem?
I can get up to 4500 RPM before she stumbles, actually slows down as if it is overloading on fuel.
Old 06-15-2001, 01:25 PM

hey boggyman ask yer buddy to check his fuel presure? It may have a clogged fuel filter sounds like to much air and not enough fuel to me. Make sure that they didn't damadge the mass air meter if the korean cars have them. and make sure that all sensors are hooked up and in place! other than that without more info I can't give you anymore advice! But that is a good place to start! Oh yea also check to make sure there are no fuel leaks and that the plugs are in good condition!!! Later
Old 06-16-2001, 04:37 AM

This may sound dumb but if you have a mass air sensor turn it around. When I put on my mhp intake it did the same thing. It turned out I put my air sensor on backwards. It runs great now.
Old 06-16-2001, 08:55 AM

yeah they want to be extremely careful that they are not running LEAN! Meaning that there is too much air being dumped into the engine and not enough fuel. That can cause a blown engine. I would say have the fuel filter replaced, you are talkin a $20 job here. Beside what do they mean by "I only have 1/4 to 1/2 throttle before she "pukes" on herself"??? I am baffled by that unless the are talkin about stalin out. If you have access to a OBD II computer, that would be even better, cuz it will strait up tell you what is wrong. Good luck
Old 06-17-2001, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

SPARK! SPARK! SPARK! SPARK!

He's either got bad wires, or a bad coil pack.

Re-read the e-mails guys! The problem existed before the Weapon-R intake

and my problem is the same as before I even installed it

Have him check the coilpack after dark. Park in a dark parking lot or ally. Open the hood with the engine idling. Then rev the snot outta the engine. You should see all kinds of "flashes" jumping between the coilpack and the block, or between 2 spark plug wires. If you see this, REPLACE THEM!

The Beta motors have weak coilpacks and Spark Plug wires. The Coil Packs give off good juice...but the insulation in them breaks down over time. Ditto for the Spark plug wires.

I'd lay money that this is this guys' problem.

[ June 17, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 06-18-2001, 03:23 AM

You can save yourself some money by just buying a bottle of fuel injection cleaner at the auto store. I'm almost sure it's your injectors. Try this first!!!! D: