Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Intake

Old 05-11-2001, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake

has anyone found an intake, coilovers or custom pedals for the 2000 Tiburon?
Old 05-11-2001, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Intake is KORE or MHP.

Coilovers? Not at this time. I think Weapon-R was making some at one point, but I don't know if they ever put them into production.

Custom pedals?? Those are everywhere.... they are not "car" specific (within reason)
Old 05-11-2001, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Zup...Random beat me to it. I was gonna say if you had an Accent, then I think Hyundai Tuner.com has coil overs now for them. And as far as coil overs go for Tib's..they are available in Korea from what I remeber seeing, but believe me...you are definitly not gonna like the price tag to get them. For the price to spend on getting them, you could probably get lowering springs AND a full turbo kit. *ha ha* Not worth it for now. KORE I believe will be attempting to make coil overs in the near future, but as far as a projected date....couldn't tell ya. But hey..if you really want your car down in the weeds without paying a whole lot...let me just get out the ol' blowtorch to heat up your springs, and the ol' hacksaw to cut a few coils off. rolleyes.gif L8TR....
Old 05-11-2001, 06:49 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

For the pedal covers it's all them same and they all look good. If you go with cheap ones you won't have to much of choice for style. If you want to spend a little more you can go with Momo's pedal, they have some really nice ones. Then there is Razo which I have and they are nice also. I have the black carbon fiber pedal covers. I don't have my on web page so had to find a pic some where else,here is a link. Razo pedals. Has for the intake, like 2000Lo&ShowTibby said Random beat us to it.
Old 05-11-2001, 07:33 AM

Ok, the intake is made by K&N, part #ru2940.
Its a cone filter and all you have to do is put the heat sensor inside the cone and it works great.

Lowering Springs, well I got some from Eibach and I got about a 2 inch drop and my Tib handles great and it looks good too.

Pedal Covers, dude those things are all over the place...hell they got em at Wal Mart for 20 bucks.

Thats what I put on my 2000 Tiburon and I smoke all dem lil freaks wit their Civics and Neons, happy motoring man.

I got a quick question for Random...Superchargers, where can I get one and how hard is it to install?
Old 05-11-2001, 07:35 AM

I got another question for lowridertibby, homey your ride looks tight...how did you get the air bag suspension. Car shops here in Colorado won't touch airbag suspension unless you are driving a truck.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Big P..read my post in the suspension forum about air bags. That will give you alot of info about them and what's involved with the installation process. If you have any other questions after reading that, email me and I'll help ya out. L8TR buddy.....
Old 05-11-2001, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Big P

Please create a new thread in the Engine forum with the supercharger question.

Imagine searching for supercharger info, and running into this thread about pedals, intakes and springs.....

[ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 05-11-2001, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

sup Big P, first off man, the K&N it's called a filter not an INTAKE, there are 2 things you can call an intake and that would be the WEAPON R (not worth the name, more of a short-ram), soon the MID-INTAKE SPEEDSTATE and then there's the KORE, MHP "real" true cold-air intakes, so Random was correct in which ones he listed...
Old 06-12-2001, 09:25 AM

MOMO supposedly has pedals that don't require drilling holes. I ordered a set from Speedstate.com and recieved some cheapo-looking pedal covers that were not what I ordered. They did indeed, require drilling holes. Speedstate is sending out different ones that are supposedly what I wanted the first time around.

Don't know about you, but I am a little iffy here thinking about drilling holes in my pedals. Especially since I just found that my entire accelerator pedal is PLASTIC!? WTF? It is plastic all the way from the pedal up the arm... really weird. The other two are metal... are most gas pedals like this?

Also, does anyone know of any other pedal cover manufacturers that they have used and would reccomend?