Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Installed Ss Clutch Line

Old 07-23-2007, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

before

after

now my thoughts on this upgrade......
i took e 2 hours becuase the compression fittings on the metal line was being stubborn as f***. but all in all it looks nice but...i really dont feel to much of a diiference in pedal pressure. which i could have sworn i was told it was going to do. and i know its not because i didnt bleed the clutch right. so in my opinion this mod is just for appearance.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Can you post how to bleed it?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:17 PM

^^^ +1 I'm doing all my tranny swap and i want to know how to bleed it.

OT: Does anyone know what kind of oil do i need for the clutch fluid? I've never done this so please illuminate me.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 PM

just use a 10 mm wrench and turn the the goldish nut on the slave cylinder jus a lil bit. u will see air bubbles coming out of it. have some one push the clutch pedal in and out until u see brake fluid shooting out. then have them push it in one more time and before they depess the pedal tighten the goldish nut all the way and your done
Old 07-23-2007, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

are these the bse lines? or just a metal tube line?

maybe your slave cylinder is crap-.... then again i just did my BSE lines and i didn't feel a ton of difference, but a rebleeding was due anyways.

java- it's just like bleeding the brakes. you get someone to pump the line a couple times. you then get them to pump it and hold it down, at which you loosen the valve on the slave.let the air bubbles come out. then close it and shout "up" signaling to let the pedal up. then scream down and repeat the whole process till you are getting just a steady stream of DOT3. you're gonna have to add fluid as necceassary.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:21 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah i didnt expect it to do much. just looks cool, and anytime i'm replacing rubber with teflon on the car i'm happy.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 PM

they are the bse lines. and i just replaced the slave cylinder about 2 months ago.

01steve what kind of differance did u feel?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

well for one, i feel better about myself. just kidding i still feel like crap.

ok seriously, i do feel a tad-bit more pressure on the pedal-...BUT keep in mind i was due for a clutch bleeding anyways.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 PM

OH WELL IIT ONLY COST 30 BUCKS SO ITS ALL GOOD
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Those instructions on the clutch bleeding is slightly confusing, well RD2pimp's are really confusing, 01steves only slightly, lol heres how you bleed brakes and clutches

Maybe i should do one of those maitenance DIY's eh?

been a while since i did a did a DIY, and somebody's gotta try and top the difficulty of DTN's "jack up your car" DIY

lmao.gif

Anyways, heres how you bleed brakes and clutches

Ill make my description clutch specific, but the process is generally the same

1) Fill your clutch resevoir completely

2)Have your friend sit in the drivers seat and pump the clutch 4-5 times, then have him hold the clutch pedal on the floor.

This builds pressure in the line.

3) while the clutch pedal is held to the floor, open the bleeder valve, it will spit out a combination of fluid and airbubbles, when the stream starts to weaken tighten the valve, dont allow the flow to stop or else air can reenter

4) repeat 1 and 2, as this progresses the mixture of fluid and air will begin to have more fluid and less air bubbles escaping, when there is only a steady stream of fluid streaming out you are finished.

5) Tighten up the valve a little more than what it took to stop the fluid to ensure it wont loosen while driving

Your clutch is now bled.