Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Installed Airram Intake Manifold Having Problems.

Old 04-13-2005, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that there's something wrong with the TPS and it has a leak, today the car reved up to 3000 RPM after I started it with the BBTB butterfly completely closed! Seemed a little stange. So I shut the car off, turned it back on again, and it was fine, till I tried to drive it. It was bogging really bad with the CEL back on. So it was towed up to hyundai. I hope they can fix it. I just want this nightmare to be over and the car to run smooth again.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Remeber to post up what they fine and to keep us informed!! Good luck man!
Old 04-14-2005, 01:51 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

you know that hose that connects to the little nipple on the rubber elbow just before the TB?
that thing could have come loose, check it.
my car did the exact same thing, it would rev high and like hardly go anywhere, then sometimes it would catch itself and be okay for awhile, kind of going back and forth.
also maybe you didn't push the rubber piece on the TB far enough? the stock one has little ridges for it to sort of catch on, aftermarket ones don't so you really have to push it on there as far as you can and tighten that hose clamp down REALLY good.

if it's not that, then most likely something to do with the manifold...gasket or something, not sure i guess. i would double check that hose though.