Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Inline Throttle Bodies

Old 04-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Accent
Default Inline Throttle Bodies

Just wondering what r the pros n cons of itbs? and what kind gains do u get? a friend of mine has a civic and he was talking about how hes getting an itb kit. i know they dont make them for hyundais but it peaked my interest and made me wonder what makes them so much better than just a regular aftermarket single tb. thanks
Old 04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You mean individual throttle bodies? They have been done on Hyundai Betas for a rally engine. They are not necessarily better, they are different. And harder to set up and keep in tune.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:17 PM

Just do it!!! lol
Old 04-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

there is some company that actually did make them for the beta.. was really expensive if i recall... i don't see really any reason why you would want ITBs
Old 04-25-2011, 04:25 AM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

Can give good gains and sound good on the right engine, however Beta engines face the wrong way, leaving the ITBs at the back of the bay, leading to lots of heatsoak, no intake pipe so filters can only be placed behind the engine, bonnet vent about the only thing you can do. On other cars the intake is at the front, right behind the grill, these are the ones who see double figure gains, for example Renault Clios in Europe have dyno'd 15 bhp gain spread evenly over the all the revs, but their intake is right behind the grill.

Also they are expensive for what they gain, only ones I heard of for Hyundai are these UK ones http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/standar...per-kit-ckhi01
Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Holy hell! That looks awesome! But it equals out to $1,679.68 in US dollars, and then what ever shipping is on top of it. Not worth it for that price.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:02 AM

Vehicle: F2 Evolution

Originally Posted by Visionz
Holy hell! That looks awesome! But it equals out to $1,679.68 in US dollars, and then what ever shipping is on top of it. Not worth it for that price.

If you think that looks awesome, what about this set-up, ITBs for a Mitsibushi Evo. Yes you read that right, ITBs for a Turbo engine.

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/home/standar...rbo-kit-ckmm01

Not sure if it will fit a Tib head as Mitsi heads are different, unlike exhausts where older Evo's use same middle section as Beta engine so exhausts are same fit, but for someone with a bit of money who wants something different, jenvey make flanges for their Hyundai ITB kit, so won't be too hard for them to change the mounting flange over.

And yes, price is a killer for Jenveys, as far as I'm aware theres only a couple Coupes in the UK with them. However most ITBs are same size fit, if you could get the trumpets and other accessories for a good price, the mounting plate with the Tibs intake manifold profile is only £200, which is approx $320.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:04 PM

Vehicle: 1994 Hyundai Excel Coupe

I remember ITB's I had on my sohc civic lol, I hated them!! I didn't pay an arm and a leg for them tho since it was custom made, basically the throttle bodies off a cbr 929 street bike with the runners welded to the intake manny of the stock civic. It's hell to tune, gas milage sux, and for the price of what u pay (if u didn't make em urself) it's not worth it for the small hp gain. JUST TURBO!!! I can't deny I love the sound of ITB's at WOT... Here's a pic of my old custom set up before I boosted: