Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

I was reading someone's post...

Old 08-18-2002, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was reading someone's post...

A post I was reading mentioned that the top speed of an Elantra wasn't governed, but instead, topped out because of drag. I have had my Accent up to 185 KPH, it stayed at that speed for a minute, never decreased or increased as long as I held down the throttle. So I was under the impression that my car was governed at that speed, am I mistaken? I attempted this when everything was stock. Perhaps after my modified intake and a new muffler and resonator removal, I can get a higher speed? I don't know.
Another thing some one mentioned was interchanging an ECU from a Tib into an Elantra. Would there be an ECU that I could install from any of these cars that will give my Accent a performance upgrade, or is it just not compatible?
Old 08-18-2002, 06:43 AM
QS

If your car is limited by the govener which i think mine is to Then even with the mods you wont be able to break that line, you'll just be able to get there faster.
I know there are piggyback chips you can get. An I also know HDK will reprogram your current ECU for better performance gains.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:57 AM

I'd never travel faster than 150 KPH, but I'd certainly like to get there faster. Maybe I'll go ask how to increase torque, since that is the source of acceleration.