Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

I love simple green

Old 05-25-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Accent
Default I love simple green

I bought a bottle of simple green and 3 soft bristled brushes to clean my engine bay. It was covered in dirt and oil and other crap. Wrapped the alternator and short ram filter with a bag, took some aluminum foil and covered up the plug wires, and sprayed the entire engine with the simple green. Let is sit for about 5 minutes, applied some elbow grease with the brushes, and then lightly washed it all off with the mist spray selection on my hose sprayer. The engine is looking almost brand new now.

Anyone know what I can use to put on the belts and plastic to make it look new? I'm probably gonna make a trip to advanced auto and see if they have some kind of belt dressing to put on the engine. If they dont have anything, is there anything I can use from a regular grocery store?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I find a little tiny bit of engine oil on a cotton rag makes the plastics look nice, just enough to soak into the dust and scratches, not so much you leave a slimy film. Belts are refreshed by replacement. Don't put anything on belts.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM

Vehicle: 2001 tibby

they make silicone for belts so the rubber doesnt actually crack or wear... and shines it up
Old 05-25-2011, 07:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i use Meguiars leather cleaner. it's a bit greasy and will attract some dirt pellets but it keeps everything looking new and moist. works and smells good. nothing else matches it.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Is that the one that's people?