Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Hyundai Admits HP was overstated

Old 09-24-2002, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aoshi:
Just got off the phone with hyundai corporate asking for compensation. So i asked for a 6 disk in dash cd changer. Well they say they might but then offered to pay one of my payments. My payments are 330 per month. SO should i get the indash cd changer if they allow it or the payment.
Take the payment. They won't give you a CD player.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:39 AM

K2:
Whatever I'm taking the 6 year 120,000 extension on my power train. I'm bound to get a new engine sooner or later even with no mods. I'll simply drive the crap out of it...
I would like to see your face when they deny your warranty work outright because of abuse(DRIVING the CRAP out of it IS abuse). Its quite easy for a service tech to differentiate between abuse and warrantied work.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:50 AM

OLD I know. But I just got the letter and been out of the loop for a bit.. HMMM Can we say lower resale

GRRRRR my wifes nest car MAY be a Hyundai but I am really thinking Nissan (350Z of course) at this point and use the Tib as a winter car...

OH well when my baby finds out (the car) I don't thinks she will complain to much.,,
Old 09-27-2002, 03:06 PM

After negotiating with hyundai corporate for hours I was able to get 1 months payment 1 extra year of free oil changes and $100 debit for arguing the fact that people have different monthly payments.
Old 09-27-2002, 03:54 PM

It really didn't bother me that my new Tib lost some HP. I took the 6 year New Vehicle Warranty for my compensation. I am not too warried about the power loss. I am more than positive that Shark Racing will easily make the parts to overcome these power loses.

Charlie