Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

HP needed for reaching 150MPH (model)

Old 05-29-2001, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red is right in that my aprox. takes a square area of the tiby and I said this number is high. Vehicle dynamics for passenger cars, as rule of thumb, is the 90% of the track time the height but still for the tibby this might be still high because of its shape. The definition of Area is simple: "Maximun cross sectional area" in other words the area you see standing in front of the vehicle. The 0.33 will reduce a little the number and a reduction of area will do also. Rembember the density is at 200 m above sea level if you are higher or the road is downhill or have tail wind will also reduce the number. Plug and play. If someone has the max. cross section area please tell me so I can plug it in. By the way the mass of the vehicle is not relevant here, it is only relevant for acceleration but not to reach and maintain a given speed. In this situation the calculation is based on the air you have to displace at that given speed.

I have not worked on the rpm, gear etc. side do anyone know the final ratio and 5th gear ratio of the tiby? You need that to calculate if at 6,500 rpm the tiby is able to reach a given speed.

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Mario ]

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Mario ]