Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

How to modify stock Throttle Body..

Old 02-09-2003, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to modify stock Throttle Body..

Hey all, I would like to know what the most common mod that can be done to the stock TB for improving flow... i've heard that some people polish it... are there other ways ? like porting it ???

i would like to do the mod at home , with typical tools...

of the home made mods, how much power increase should i expect ?

help !!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 05:03 AM

I am currently selling it, you can find pics of it at my website, http://www.nitrousworld.org

its a quick one.. runs 13's on street tires with a BABY SOFT launch and full weight. The 1/4 mile run i did at the track was with the stock tailpipes (since then i have removed them and installed turn-down style muffler tips) and i've noticed a major improvement in power with that mod, specially top end power since this car has a big cam and ported heads, high flowing intake manifold and 70 mm tb. smile.gif

I wish my elantra could run numbers like that with such ease. lol
Old 02-09-2003, 10:03 AM

well, i wouldn't recommend trying to port your tb, or anything, with home tools, unless you have the right equipment. just take it to a machine shop, and have them do it. i have the shark racing adjustable bbtb. the big purple one. i like it. the only problem i have is that the butterfly plate sticks to the bore after it's been sitting a while, so i have to give quick, hard tap to the gas pedal to get it unstuck. other than that, i think it's worth the money. 60mm and it's manufactured that way, no modifying stock ones.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:27 AM

Just FYI, if you are having trouble finding the butterfly plate, the stock Buick Grand National TB is 58mm also, if you can find an GN owner with a bigger TB take his old one, That is what i did anyway.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:01 AM

If you guys are looking for Grand National throttle blades let me know. I can usually get them seeing as thats what I do on the side, that is rebuild and mod turbo Regals.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:57 AM

im sorry but if that butterfly sticks sticks then that sounds pretty ****ty
Old 02-11-2003, 11:13 AM
BV1

I got mine ported to 57.6 mm, lots of improvement, worked great. Email me and I will send you the address of guy who did it for me.

Later,

-Steve
Old 02-12-2003, 12:42 AM

Thanks for the info on the tb question.