Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

How important are wires?

Old 08-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I go to the strip, and see people who change out their spark plug wires before every run... does it ACTUALLY make any difference in 1/4 mile times?

and with the earth grounding system... would you say it's worth it or not?

to see information about the HKS Earth Ground System, click below
http://rdtiburon.com/index.php?name=PNphpB...=viewtopic&t=19
Old 08-05-2003, 03:04 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

I think the ground sysem is worth it man. Seriously how much effort would it take to make your own grounding system? Not much right, maybe 20 bux max, unless you got crazy expensive wires, well that means that you save 10 bux to make it on your own, well then, how much are YOU worth to yourself. If it takes one hour, your worth 10 bux an hour, you're also pretty damn quick. If you like to take your time and make things look all sexy like this Circle Earth rig, then maybe it would take about 4 hours, now your worth only 2.50 an hour. I'm all about good products that look nice as a bonus, and I'm worth alot more than a couple bux an hour for my time. So I say go for it. If nothing else than because the guy who gives your crap about it can at realize that your bay looks a lot nicer than his with all the crimped connectors and stray pieces of speaker wire coming out all over the place. laugh.gif
Old 08-07-2003, 03:31 PM

Default Q. Problems installing Haltech

i'll reply to your first question since blacktibs did the second.

changing plug wires after every run????? i dont see how it could hurt, but don't really think it help either. I can't see that making that much of a difference unless you are using some sort super powerful ignition. or methanol and boost.

I have nology hot wires and people either love them or hate them. I love em. the four performance engine mods i've done made a huge difference. I had my CAI installed, the plug wires installed with the ground wires going to the four bolts on the front of the head, new iridium plugs plugs put in, and switched to castrol syntec. The difference in performance is amazing. Drove to work stock, dropped it off at the mechanic a few bays down, got it back a couple of hours later, and it was storming so i put it in one of our bays and reset the ECU. That was a fun ride home.

don't know how much power i got from it, but my shift points are roughly 12 mph higher than stock at 6000 rpm.
Old 08-07-2003, 05:09 PM

Default wet vs. dry nitrous?

You shoulding worry about switching the wires after MANY runs

Earth grounding system... ive never heard of any actual gains...
Old 08-15-2003, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

They've been dyno proven to help you gain some lost power back, not much, but some.

Hell, I've paid MORE for a styling mod, so something that styles you a bit AND you get some pep back? Or better electrical stats?

Good for me.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:20 PM

Overrated. Make one yourself. My time is MY time, and I am worth nothing to myself (or anyone else.)
They're not that hard to do. Even if you do order one, you still have some work to do, so you're not really sving that much time to begin with.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:08 AM

i guess you cant go wrong with the grounding system.. juss a little more expensive but its a sure thing..
Old 09-25-2003, 11:33 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Default FOR SALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think I've ever considered what's best in terms of parts for my car to be what takes the least time. Seriously anyone who is truely tuning their car will take their sweet time no matter what its about, so on this I'd say a reputable brand, with a sexy setup that will be recognized for looks and Brand at shows, is worth the time to install and the $ to buy it. My time needs to be at least worth 10-15 bux an hour for me to not feel like I wasted it and at that rate being worried about looks I'd spend enough time to make my home made kit work 300 bux.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:53 AM

back on the wire deal. how many people use the magnacor 8.5mm wires? i use them and i dont know if it is just me but i think they kinda suck. i have had mine since march and i think they are starting to go bad.

i started out using ngk plugs with them and i thought it may be the plugs so i put in the denzo iridiums and nothing changed. so i will be going back to ngk's but i think the magnacor's are going bad already.

they are suppose to have some sort of life time warranty. it says on the box "these will be the last wires you will ever buy" or some goofy crap like that.

besides nology and magnacor, who else makes good wires for us? i know kore use to but i have heard things about them to. does msd or anyone else make them?

i may give nology a try though. i heard something about some sort of built in capasitor on those and them shooting surges or something. i dunno, any info would be cool though.

maybe i should try the grounding system if it aint the wires.