Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Engine, Intake, Exhaust (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/)
-   -   High RPM? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/engine-intake-exhaust-11/high-rpm-26113/)

CyberShark 01-31-2005 04:34 PM

^^It's good that you care about your car but going over 4grand won't kill it...Jsut don't go over 6500 often and you'll be fine wink1.gif

iamcyclopseatme 01-31-2005 04:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (draguntib)</div><div class='quotemain'>once i get on the turnpike i get up to about 80mph or so and im doing about 4200 rpm in my 01. i wouldnt think that it would hurt it to much as long as your not abusing it!</div>

4200 @ 80 mph? Is the manual that much different than the auto? I have an auto and im around 3300 @ 80 mph..

hamhead 01-31-2005 04:47 PM

Since it hasn't been mentioned, I'll put it up. Don't rev to 6k or so on a cold engine, thats a no no. Seems like common sense, but I see retards doing it coming out of school all day. Very bad for the engine.

LarryMcFly 01-31-2005 04:47 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bluetibbay)</div><div class='quotemain'>How bad is it to redline it at all? I rarely ever go above 4k RPM's for fear I'll mess something up :rolleyes:</div>

It is actually better to go at high rev once in a while than to never go above 4000rpm. Driving once in a while at high rpm will help prevent deposits, injectors cloging,....because of the higher temperature of operation.

bluetibbay 01-31-2005 07:57 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Since it hasn't been mentioned, I'll put it up. Don't rev to 6k or so on a cold engine, thats a no no. Seems like common sense, but I see retards doing it coming out of school all day. Very bad for the engine.</div>

Are you serious??
It was cold today, probably like 60, or maybe 50, so I was kinda rev'ing it up for about 20 seconds because it was like...driving slow. Kinda like my HP was cut in half or something, so I thought i'd warm it up eek.gif
Is it better to just idle for a couple mins in the morning to let it warm up?

hamhead 01-31-2005 08:05 PM

60 degrees isn't that cold. tongue.gif Hell I wish 60 degrees was cold here. But either way, its best to let it idle for a bit. What I always do is let it idle, then drive it under 3k until the water temp gauge reads normal (in between the two dots). Thats a very safe way of doing it. If the engine is cold, or even if its 80 degrees and its been sitting for a while, you have to let it idle and circulate fluids throughout the engine.

bluetibbay 01-31-2005 08:13 PM

The gauge with like, the ~~ lines and like a F is the water guage ? What exactly does this measure? XD

Edit did I say 60? sorry forgot the -, meant -60 ! wink1.gif

Mad-Machine 01-31-2005 08:14 PM

not only the fluids.. but you need a chance for the car to get out of "cold start mode" and to get the cylinders a chance to heat up for optimal power and efficency. Also, oil is VERY thick when not up to tempeture.. you do take a chance on blowing a seal on a high miliage car.

Personally, I like how BMW does it.. they have a series of lights that moves the redline on the tach as the car warms.. the closer it gets to warm, the higher you can rev the engine

OdessitPashka 01-31-2005 08:43 PM

There is no big highways or autobahns in Ukraine, not a lot of places to go very fast, but you could find some smile.gif

I always let my car warm up at least 3 mins in the morning.

'treezy 01-31-2005 09:06 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mad-Machine)</div><div class='quotemain'>My fiat 124 runs at 4000 just to do 70mph (Yes, that is in fifth too) so to do eighty I am really up there in RPMs..</div>

Same story with my Tib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetibbay
Are you serious??
It was cold today, probably like 60, or maybe 50, so I was kinda rev'ing it up for about 20 seconds because it was like...driving slow. Kinda like my HP was cut in half or something, so I thought i'd warm it up eek.gif
Is it better to just idle for a couple mins in the morning to let it warm up?

Yes he is, he means when the engine is cold not outside (and NEGATIVE SIXTY DEGREES! did you mean -6F? Where are you man? People should not be driving tiburons on the roads of Nunavit! haha, it's a territory in Northern Canada for the geographically-challenged) Don't get in your car after it's been sitting all day and go drag race! common sense, though most high schoolers get in their stangs and civics and do it anyway...let your car warm up, get oil flowing over all parts....sorry for such a stupid comparison but someone may need it: would you get up at 5am and immediately go sprint a mile (w/o changing, eating, or even waking up!)