Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

High heat engine paint for strut bars

Old 03-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default High heat engine paint for strut bars

I went to home depot, lowes, and advanced auto to get glossy black engine paint. Couldnt find it. Only flat black, glossy red, orange, and green. Anyone know where else I can look to find it? Prefer to buy local versus online. Im spraying my front and rear strut bars gloss black because I dont like the shiny chrome look to them. The rear one doesnt need to be engine paint, which I was able to get regular rustoleum for it. Thanks
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The front might not have to be engine paint either. Try it with regular and see if it goes funky, then pick up this search where it left off.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

It doesn't need to be high heat paint for the front one.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

The strut bars don't get exposed to that much heat.

I modified the brackets on my front strut bar and I painted them with a Gun Metal Metallic Wheel paint. I used Rustoleum Flat Black on my Rear and Center bars and I really like how they turned out. You could always use Flat then spray a clear on it afterwards if you want more of a shine. When I want more of a gloss look on a part im spraying then I use Rustoleums Semi-Gloss.