Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Help!? Rattling Engine And Rolling Idle...

Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For about the past few days my car has been making a rattling noise that seems to be coming from inside the engine or throttle body. I have no idea what it is. The speed of the rattle increases and decreases with my rpm's. Any ideas? The only things I've done to it recently are replace the MAF (Kefico) and the TPS (Kefico) and installed a new clutch.

Also, My car has not only a rolling, but a high idle. It idles at start between 1500 and 2000 rpm and when coming out of gear rolls between 2300 and 3200.

Finally, there is an intermittent and seemingly random CEL that gets kicked on telling me that my factory controlled fuel/air mixture is messed up and my idle control system RPM is low.

Any ideas on any of these issues?
Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Check to see if you have a vacuum hose that came undone.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:01 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (chacho_1986 @ Jul 10 2007, 03:48 PM)
For about the past few days my car has been making a rattling noise that seems to be coming from inside the engine or throttle body. I have no idea what it is. The speed of the rattle increases and decreases with my rpm's. Any ideas? The only things I've done to it recently are replace the MAF (Kefico) and the TPS (Kefico) and installed a new clutch.

Also, My car has not only a rolling, but a high idle. It idles at start between 1500 and 2000 rpm and when coming out of gear rolls between 2300 and 3200.

Finally, there is an intermittent and seemingly random CEL that gets kicked on telling me that my factory controlled fuel/air mixture is messed up and my idle control system RPM is low.

Any ideas on any of these issues?

Definately do what Java said. Check your vacuum hoses.
Can you please post the code number? It sounds to me that there might be something else going on. The RPM signal might not be making it to the computer or something. Need the actual code number.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:40 PM

the codes it pops up are 0506 and i believe 1128.

i still can't figure the rattle out. the only thing i can think it might be is the cat converter's inner casing cracked and is going apeshiz rattling around inside.

as far as the vacuum hoses are concerned, i haven't had time to check it yet.

if anyone has any other ideas please let me know. it's driving me crazy. damnit.gif
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 AM

hiya,

i know here in the u.k that the chain's which connect the inlet and exhaust cam inside the rocker cover get noisey and need to be changed,
and with regards to the idle, i would do an ecu reset especaily after just installing a new TPS

cheers

Rob